Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Racing is finished

Options
  • 30-10-2012 1:39am
    Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

I will never ever have another bet on Irish Horse Racing after the very very strange result in the bumper at Galway today (Monday).
    Nina was on the fav Fickle Fortune (1/2) in most places all morning.
    Heading towards the show the horse drifts and opens up at Evens.
    Backed it at 2.04 on Betfair, watched in horror as it drifted and went off 3.02 :eek:.
    In Running was around the same price when all 5 horses had a chance coming round the last bend.
    Nina kicked for home and took a couple of lengths lead with 50 yards left (Betfair went to 1.2) looked it was all over until the horse practically stopped just before the finishing line and was passed by the 2rd fav somethingwonderful.
    Something doesn't seem right about it, why did it drift so badly, why didn't it finish out the race at the same pace, why wasn't there a stewards enquiry?
    Last time I'll be backing anything in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

I will never ever have another bet on Irish Horse Racing after the very very strange result in the bumper at Galway today (Monday).
    Nina was on the fav Fickle Fortune (1/2) in most places all morning.
    Heading towards the show the horse drifts and opens up at Evens.
    Backed it at 2.04 on Betfair, watched in horror as it drifted and went off 3.02 :eek:.
    In Running was around the same price when all 5 horses had a chance coming round the last bend.
    Nina kicked for home and took a couple of lengths lead with 50 yards left (Betfair went to 1.2) looked it was all over until the horse practically stopped just before the finishing line and was passed by the 2rd fav somethingwonderful.
    Something doesn't seem right about it, why did it drift so badly, why didn't it finish out the race at the same pace, why wasn't there a stewards enquiry?
    Last time I'll be backing anything in Ireland.

The winner SomethingWonderful was well backed (from 9/2 to 5/2) as was Milan Bound (from 18/1 to 11/4).
    This would help with the drift on Fickle Fortune.

It was a very tactical race, which ran over 17 seconds than the course average. And from memory of the race It did not appear to me that Fickle Fortune ''practically stopped'' but that SomethingWonderful quickened in a fantastic manner to get up on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

ft9 wrote: »
    The winner SomethingWonderful was well backed (from 9/2 to 5/2) as was Milan Bound (from 18/1 to 11/4).
    This would help with the drift on Fickle Fortune.

It was a very tactical race, which ran over 17 seconds than the course average. And from memory of the race It did not appear to me that Fickle Fortune ''practically stopped'' but that SomethingWonderful quickened in a fantastic manner to get up on the line.

+1

As for the title "Irish Racing is finished":confused: you backed the second best horse in the race, simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

If they were stopping the horse as you are obviously suggesting then why would Nina kick for home on him? Why not just leave it out the back and never get it into contention? And if any jockey was stopping a horse, she'd be the last one i'd expect to be asked to do that job. I suggest the horse just was a stupid morning price, and as usual with any small meeting, Betfair dictated the market. The layers got stuck in, as well as the gambles causing the drift. Horse then goes off the price it should've been all along

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

I have no problem with Nina's ride and admire her as a jockey.
    I appreciate that there were a couple of other horses backed but a massive drift on the fav, leads 50 yards from the line and loses?
    Just seemed strange to me especially having watched the race which was a terribly slow tactical race with nobody wanting to take it on.
    Don't the stewards automatically check into a race when the odds drift like that and the result?

Advertisement