Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Extending apple warranty

• 30-10-2012 8:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭

Hey guys , about 8 months ago I bought an iPhone4 directly from apple . The one year warranty was great as one of the sensors wasn't functioning after 2 months and I brought it back and they replaced it right there and then . Since the warranty is coming to an end I want something to cover it again. Is it worth extending the warranty with apple or buying alternative insurance, and would the warranty cover the same things I. E software, hardware and repairs. Also could you recommend alternate options and your experience with them .
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Its not insurance, its an extended warranty with Apple, covering defects in the product. It won't cover accidental damage, theft etc. Insurance on the other hand, won't cover defects in the product, so if the home button stops working, for example, it isn't covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ekelly17

It's probably advisable to get an Apple Care warranty which would allow for an additional 12 months of cover without any hassle.

But it's interesting that on Apple's website they have now a clearly presented warranty guide in tabular form which should help you.

It's worth noting that being part of the EU has its befits. As under EU Customer law you have a claim period of at least 2 years from the date of delivery from an Apple on-line store or date of purchase from a retail store. Which would cover free repair and replacement.

http://www.apple.com/uk/legal/statutory-warranty/

Advertisement