Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Edge GPRS on with iPhone 5

• 30-10-2012 9:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭

I have seen one or two threads where people have complained of not getting Edge or GPRS connectivity when they are out of 3G coverage but each issue was dealt with on a case by case basis.

I now have an iPhone 5 myself and know 3 others who don't get any Edge or GPRS on their iPhone 5 with Vodafone, does anyone have any info on this issue? Vodafone are blaming the handset but it affects anyone I know with an iPhone5

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Villain wrote: »
    I have seen one or two threads where people have complained of not getting Edge or GPRS connectivity when they are out of 3G coverage but each issue was dealt with on a case by case basis.

I now have an iPhone 5 myself and know 3 others who don't get any Edge or GPRS on their iPhone 5 with Vodafone, does anyone have any info on this issue? Vodafone are blaming the handset but it affects anyone I know with an iPhone5

Would that not suggest a problem with the iPhone? Did you ring Apple?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well I have spoken with someone with an iPhone 5 with O2 who doesn't have the issue! I have also read reports of people who were able to get Edge when roaming but not in Ireland!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

There is no point asking on here, or random people with O2 or VF. Ring Apple. Tell them VF are blaming the iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well someone might have had the issue and got it resolved so their experience would help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Prob won't do any good but try enabling data roaming and see if works. There was similar problems with the iPhone 4 when three launched it. That was caused by problems using the Vodafone 2g network so it might work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 sidewayz

I have the exact same problem as does my girlfriend and sister all on Vodafone, been on to Vodafone and Apple and they are blaming each other. Apple offering replacement but whats the point if they are all doing the same thing. I have coverage in very specific areas which leads me to believe its a Vodafone problem. No other networks affected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

It has to a network issue with Vodafone. I'm on 3 who use Vodafone's 2G network (both GPRS/Edge) and it works fine. I realise this isnt a direct comparison but its the same physical masts being used for the 2G network on 3 so cant see any reason why its not a Vodafone issue.

Advertisement