Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Vs Manchester United - Capital One Cup fourth round

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Fair play chelsea, great match. They need to buy a striker badly in january though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Good game. Exciting if anything! Love the cup ties that bring loads of goals.

Hazard is class.

United's young players are gonna learn loads from that. Also lucky United didn't finish with less than 11 players.

Yup Wooton should of gone and Keane too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Lucky for United I only see one player from tonight starting on saturday . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

And that is what a football match should be like.
    Not the one at the weekend.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Drumpot wrote: »
    That all started from Giggs getting stuck into Chelsea when all looked lost l. .

When you mean stuck in do you mean going straight through the back of a player and be lucky not to be sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Leiva wrote: »

The oul "obsession" label is getting very tired now do you not think?

So is the 'conspiracy' nonsense tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Great entertainment from both sides. Chelsea just had a bit more experience and class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Great game!

Difference really was the strength in depth between the two teams. United bring on Powell and Tunnicliffe, Chelsea can bring on Hazard and Oscar.

But the football was great. Such a shame about the penalty in the last minute. Thought Wootton had a great game up to that point and will be hard for him to get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Would have took those 2 results against Chelsea if I was given them before Sunday. Fantastic games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Look there's been a nice auld match thread being going here. Why not leave these bs out for one night?????.

Well done Chelsea. Pure class from Hazard at the end. Great game to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Fair play Chelsea, strong bench won it for them.

Why can`t threads be like this all the time. Two rivals debating a match, with no bitterness.

So is the 'conspiracy' nonsense tbf

Don't rise to it. Not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Ramires, what a player. Him and mata have been chelsea's best players this season imo. Hazard and oscar don't look too bad either :)

niallo27 wrote: »
    When you mean stuck in do you mean going straight through the back of a player and be lucky not to be sent off.

Not biting tonight niallo, was a good game and took alot of positives from it . . Thread was very enjoyable with no trolling until Liverpool game was over . . Some coincidence obviously . . :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

allybhoy wrote: »

In fairness the starting 11's of both teams were fairly even in terms of experience. Utd had a front 6 of Nani, Fletcher Giggs Andy and wellbeck and Cico up front....hardly youngsters

Front 6 for chelsea was Mata,Moses,Obi,Romeu and Sturridge and Piazon up top.

Chelsea's subs were stronger, but they were loosing

Chelseas first keeper. Uniteds second keeper.
    Chelseas first choice CBs. Uniteds U21 CBs.

Unhappy with the result but the stronger team won.
    Proud of the United youngster though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ah well we need point out obvious.

Ye do it plenty of times sure

Not many United fans trolling your match thread I bet;)

Anyway was good craic in here tonight. Was nice for change.

Dont ye ruin it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Was always going to be a tough two games against Chelsea in London but I'll take those results.

Closed the gap in the Premiership and the youngsters done very, very well against a strong Chelsea team.

Feel sorry for Wooton but he has a long career ahead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

killwill wrote: »
    No.2 keeper against Chelseas first keeper.
    First choice CVs against Uniteds U21 CBs.

Linders is not exactly a classic No2, he's played a good bit this year. But leaving that aside...starting 11's

Wellbeck, Hernandez,Nani,Fletcher,Giggs,Anderson and Rafa all arguably 1st team players. That makes 7

For chelsea Sturridge,Mata,Obi,Cahill,Luiz Cech, Bertrand all 1st teamers.
    That also makes 7.

For united Buttner is pushing for the first team as is AL.

The subs were much stronger for chelsea but i fancied that utd team on paper b4 the game for experience alone

adox wrote: »
    Here he is.....:rolleyes:

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Great game of ball. Was fairly evenly matched until Chelsea brought on the big guns, we weren't able to cope at the back.
    Also missed Ando when he went off, he was class tonight.

• Advertisement

Linders is not exactly a classic No2, he's played a good bit this year.

wellbeck, hernandez,nani,fletcher,giggs,anderson and rafa all arguably 1st team players. That makes 7

That also makes 7.

For united Buttner is pshing for the first team as is AL.

The subs were much stronger for chelsea but i fancied that utd team on paper b4 the game for experience alone

Eh, did you watch the United v Chelsea game in the league ? That was our starting 11 . .Methinks you are clutching at much straws . .

Have to say Mata is turning into a gem of a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Eh, Sturridge MOTM?! Pfft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

adox wrote: »
    Look there's been a nice auld match thread being going here. Why not leave these bs out for one night?????.

Well done Chelsea. Pure class from Hazard at the end. Great game to watch.
    Ah well we need point out obvious.

Ye do it plenty of times sure

Not many United fans trolling your match thread I bet;)

Anyway was good craic in here tonight. Was nice for change.

Dont ye ruin it.

:confused:

If anything you are echoing my point of not ruining a good thread.
    You replied with the obsession snide to a perfectly valid post, so you need to take a look at yourself before falsely accusing me of ruining anything :pac:

I'm done with this do no need to reply.

Linders is not exactly a classic No2, he's played a good bit this year. But leaving that aside...starting 11's

Wellbeck, Hernandez,Nani,Fletcher,Giggs,Anderson and Rafa all arguably 1st team players. That makes 7

That also makes 7.

It would probably reflect better on Chelsea if all that were true but it really is not.

That also makes 7.

Two kids playing at CB for Utd though. Stood out a mile when the team sheets were released.

Not trying to take anything away from Chelsea btw. Credit to both teams. 9 goal thriller, brilliant stuff to watch even if my team were on the losing end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Great game, tv picked well this round

Chelsea look class going forward

:confused:

If anything you are echoing my point of not ruining a good thread.
    You replied with the obsession snide to a perfectly valid post, so you need to take a look at yourself before falsely accusing me of ruining anything :pac:

I'm done with this do no need to reply.

OK. no need to make meal out of nothing. Was not talking to you in first place. Good luck.

Some really good positives tonight, the main one being Ando MoTM.

I was being a cranky git with some of the Chelsea lads until the likes of niallo and Leiva appeared. Then you really appreciate how good the match thread was tonight until the regulars showed up.

Good game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Can I've a lend of your crystal ball?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Have to say Mata is turning into a gem of a player.

Ran out of steam with about 10 or 15 minutes to in normal time and the tank was empty in the extra time but he covers so much ground its very understandable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Eh, Sturridge MOTM?! Pfft.

Thought the same but it was moses :o

Wait, Moses got it? Okay, not so bad.

21 Goals in last 2 Sky Matches.

Maybe it is best league Cup in the world:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Pj! wrote: »
    It would probably reflect better on Chelsea if all that were true but it really is not.

Whats untrue about it?

It's ALEX!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Nani seems t have done so in the last 49 mins.
    He was the best in the world a few pages back.
    can you quote me saying that

Ran out of steam with about 10 or 15 minutes to in normal time and the tank was empty in the extra time but he covers so much ground its very understandable

He really has no weakness. Super player.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Great game, tv picked well this round

Chelsea look class going forward

As one of the lads said to me before "BOBFOC" body of baywatch face of crimewatch !!!

Were excellent going forward but ugly at the back

• Advertisement

People definitely got a bit too excited about Nani after his goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Good game,lack of experience cost united tonight but cant fault giving the young lads game time either.said it before the game it was a huge risk playing both Keane and Wotton at CB.Pity we didnt but a few of the first teamers on the bench but I suppose it shows where the priorties lie.

can you quote me saying that

Dont mind him , drops in every now and again tonight trying to stir up something ,

I was one of them. But even for bad game he can still get goal or assist.

Whats untrue about it?

Not one of those players started in the far more important league game couple of days ago . .Reckon thats a better barometer of what Fergie considered to be our best team at Stamford Bridge. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Some really good positives tonight, the main one being Ando MoTM.

I was being a cranky git with some of the Chelsea lads until the likes of niallo and Leiva appeared. Then you really appreciate how good the match thread was tonight until the regulars showed up.

Good game.

Ahh grow a fücking set and stop making up stuff that's not true.

Sorry to the rest of you as I enjoyed this thread and only made 2 posts in the last 15mins, but really feel the need to reply to people just making stuff up and on a thanks whoring exercise.

• Advertisement

What? Did you watch the goal he scored from start to finish? Sure he didn't have a good game but even with that he produced a world class move and goal.

As I said earlier in the super thread, I think Nanis poor form this season is clouding their judgement of him overall and how much he has contributed to Utd.

On another note, Hernandez link up and hold up play has improved beyond belief.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Great game, good experience for the younger players but as I said at the start of the match , we had no one on the bench to turn the game around if needed whereas Chelsea had Ramirez and Hazard. Hazard was superb.

Looking forward to Saturday.

Ahh grow a fücking set and stop making up stuff that's not true.

Sorry to the rest of you as I enjoyed this thread and only made 2 posts in the last 15mins, but really feel the need to reply to people just making stuff up and on a thanks whoring exercise.

Controversial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Whats untrue about it?
    The majority of the United team are not first teamers. United also had 2 U21 CBs starting.
    Buttner is nowhere near starting for United.

Chelsea are turning into some team though. Oscar, Mata and Hazard would put the fear of hod in anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Chelsea really do have unreal attacking midfielders/wingers if they can get a good CF they will be awesome.RB and CF seem to be their only weak links.

• Advertisement
Advertisement