Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Vs Manchester United - Capital One Cup fourth round

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

killwill wrote: »
    The majority of the United team are not first teamers. United also had 2 U21 CBs starting.
    Buttner is nowhere near starting for United.

Chelsea are turning into some team though. Oscar, Mata and Hazard would put the fear of hod in anyone.

Infamous brother of Zod . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Damn this 7 hour difference, sounds like an exciting game. How the young guns do? Who was in goal anyway?

Thought 6/1 was decent for a Utd/Spurs double oh to be a bookie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Happy with Uniteds performance, most of it. Well done lads.
    Leiva wrote: »
    Ahh grow a fücking set and stop making up stuff that's not true.

Sorry to the rest of you as I enjoyed this thread and only made 2 posts in the last 15mins, but really feel the need to reply to people just making stuff up and on a thanks whoring exercise.

Just ignore it man its the internet for crying out loud. Reply for footballing reasons maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Fergie dissing Nani

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Pj! wrote: »
    Fergie dissing Nani

What did he say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Trilla wrote: »
    Happy with Uniteds performance, most of it. Well done lads.

Just ignore it man its the internet for crying out loud. Reply for footballing reasons maybe.

Thanks Whore!!! Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    What did he say?

"I'm dissing Nani"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Leeds away for Chelsea in the next round...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Leeds away for Chelsea in the next round...

Noe Im p1ssed with the result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    What did he say?

Something like 'We were doing well and holding on and then Nani got the ball and tried to round players'. Didn't say it in his happy voice either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

That's Nani gone so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

The majority of the United team are not first teamers. United also had 2 U21 CBs starting.
    Buttner is nowhere near starting for United.

Chelsea are turning into some team though. Oscar, Mata and Hazard would put the fear of hod in anyone.

Not while we have Luiz at the back (when he stays there)
    Modern defender me arse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Not while we have Luiz at the back (when he stays there)
    Modern defender me arse!

He is a glaring weak link. Cahill looks solid enough but Luiz always looks like getting sent off or giving away a goal. Terry not getting any younger either. Anyone else coming through in that position? Always found it strange that your lot let Alex go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

adox wrote: »
    He is a glaring weak link. Cahill looks solid enough but Luiz always looks like getting sent off or giving away a goal. Terry not getting any younger either. Anyone else coming through in that position? Always found it strange that your lot let Alex go.

be better moving Ivanovic there and getting in a RB imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

adox wrote: »
    Get a RB and with Terry ,Cahill and Cole ,thats a very solid back 4.Ivanovic as back up.Luiz is a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Good win tonight for the lads. They showed great character in coming from behind three times and finally putting United to the sword.

Hopefully we can go on and win this now, it should be more straightforward with United, City and Spurs all out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

be better moving Ivanovic there and getting in a RB imo

As a Chelsea fan, I'd have to say I agree with Adox. We need a leader for the back four. When Terry's not playing, it feels disorganized. I think Cahill can grow into the role, but he needs someone with his head screwed on right next to him.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Get a RB and with Terry ,Cahill and Cole ,thats a very solid back 4.Ivanovic as back up.Luiz is a disaster.

We have Cesar, he played tonight - did alright I thought.
    We bid for Subotic in the summer but got knocked back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Actually how has Cahill performed for Chelsea so far this season. He chipped in with few nice goals, but has he been good defensively for ye?

Was 50/50 on him when he was at Bolton as to if he was really going be as good as some suggested.

• Advertisement

We have Cesar, he played tonight - did alright I thought.
    He did alright tonight.Do you think he will be good enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Duck Soup wrote: »
    As a Chelsea fan, I'd have to say I agree with Adox. We need a leader for the back four. When Terry's not playing, it feels disorganized. I think Cahill can grow into the role, but he needs someone with his head screwed on right next to him.

Yeah I think Cahill can be that player but I think Ivanovic alongside him would work.

yabadabado wrote: »
    He did alright tonight.Do you think he will be good enough?

yep, he is better forward than Brana, but can actually defend as well

Thought Utd did really well considering Chelsea had more of the first team squad out there.
    Like to see Hernandez play with RVP instead of Rooney or are they too similiar?

But yeah - for me, Luiz, Torres and Danny just arent good enough compared to Mata and Oscar etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Drumpot wrote: »
    Not biting tonight niallo, was a good game and took alot of positives from it . . Thread was very enjoyable with no trolling until Liverpool game was over . . Some coincidence obviously . . :D

How am I trolling, it's the league cup, I know utd fans could not give a **** about it, you said it was good to see giggs get stuck in and I said it was a bad tackle maybe deserving of a red. I really don't understand how utd had not a player sent off tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Chelsea are a strange team, terrible at the back, have no goalscoring striker, yet we are still doing well this season.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Chelsea are a strange team, terrible at the back, have no goalscoring striker, yet we are still doing well this season.
    Ye are far from terrible at the back.One of the best defensive records in the league.When Terry and Cole are there its a very good defense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Mental game, Here's what I made of it:

Anderson, 3 assists, fantastic. Shame he couldn't walk after 75mins.
    Chicharito, worked his ass off, took his goal superbly, dead on his feet after 80mins.
    Nani... Moment of brilliance for the goal... Cost us the win by trying to beat a man in the 93rd min, Fergie calling him out on it means all is not well.
    Wooton... Thought he coped well... Apart from a few absolute howlers. He's a kid so we'll let him off.
    Michael Keane looked the better of the 2 kids at CB.
    Buttner, uh-oh, not good.
    Rafael, great performance.
    Giggsy was great, but jesus he must hate possession stats.
    Welbeck has his worst game in a United shirt imo.

For Chelsea, Moses was lively.
    Gary Cahill was excellent.
    David Luiz did his best to cost Chelsea the match I thought, at fault for 2 goals and then shoves Chicharito needlessly in the 92nd min which SHOULD have ended the game.
    Daniel Sturridge, I thought, was embarrassingly bad. He was awarded man of the match. He had about 7 glorious chances, each one he tried some stupid trick and made a balls of it. He chose the wrong option literally every single time except when he was gifted a goal. The most farcical man of the match I have ever seen I think.
    When Mata, Hazard, Ramires and Oscar were on the pitch I knew Chelsea were going to win. They had too much class for our inexperience. I honestly think if Chicharito was playing for Chelsea instead of Sturridge, Chelsea could have won 10-3.

Bonkers. I'm not upset about the outcome at all, but the fact that we had the game won and to throw it away like we did was bloody stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Mental game, Here's what I made of it:

Anderson, 3 assists, fantastic. Shame he couldn't walk after 75mins.
    Chicharito, worked his ass off, took his goal superbly, dead on his feet after 80mins.
    Nani... Moment of brilliance for the goal... Cost us the win by trying to beat a man in the 93rd min, Fergie calling him out on it means all is not well.
    Wooton... Thought he coped well... Apart from a few absolute howlers. He's a kid so we'll let him off.
    Michael Keane looked the better of the 2 kids at CB.
    Buttner, uh-oh, not good.
    Rafael, great performance.
    Giggsy was great, but jesus he must hate possession stats.
    Welbeck has his worst game in a United shirt imo.

For Chelsea, Moses was lively.
    Gary Cahill was excellent.
    David Luiz did his best to cost Chelsea the match I thought, at fault for 2 goals and then shoves Chicharito needlessly in the 92nd min which SHOULD have ended the game.
    Daniel Sturridge, I thought, was embarrassingly bad. He was awarded man of the match. He had about 7 glorious chances, each one he tried some stupid trick and made a balls of it. He chose the wrong option literally every single time except when he was gifted a goal. The most farcical man of the match I have ever seen I think.
    When Mata, Hazard, Ramires and Oscar were on the pitch I knew Chelsea were going to win. They had too much class for our inexperience. I honestly think if Chicharito was playing for Chelsea instead of Sturridge, Chelsea could have won 10-3.

Bonkers. I'm not upset about the outcome at all, but the fact that we had the game won and to throw it away like we did was bloody stupid.

He awarded the MOTM Bubbly to Moses, I thought the same myself until the end of the interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

MUSEIST wrote: »

Having a real gem in Ramires and 2 absolute maestro's in Mata and Hazard helps a lot.
    He awarded the MOTM Bubbly to Moses, I thought the same myself until the end of the interview.

I think the interviewer said it to him at the start. Maybe he said "Danny Sturridge and the man of the match."

Thank the good lord in heaven. I thought I might have to quit watching football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Thanks Whore!!! Lol

Gway outta that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Sturridge was woeful tonight , it gives Di Matteo a real dilemma on who to pick against Swansea. He could do a Spain and play 6 midfielders I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Sturridge was woeful tonight , it gives Di Matteo a real dilemma on who to pick against Swansea. He could do a Spain and play 6 midfielders I suppose

Torres I'm sure is the obvious one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Finish aside, was Nani's goal that great? Standard five a side stuff tbh. Big blame to Chelsea defender for not sticking with him.

As regards Buttner. Remember reading in his first match where he got a goal and assist that he also gave the ball away 7 times which was a season record at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Delighted with the win.

Difference between the sides was the substitutes.

Ramires, Oscar and Hazard were brilliant.

Special mention for Oscar, what a player!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,118 ✭✭✭✭listermint

gosplan wrote: »
    Finish aside, was Nani's goal that great? Standard five a side stuff tbh. Big blame to Chelsea defender for not sticking with him.

As regards Buttner. Remember reading in his first match where he got a goal and assist that he also gave the ball away 7 times which was a season record at the time.

I thought Cech could have done much better didnt make himself big for the shot and kept his hands down while leaning back to let the ball by. Poor form from a good keeper.

Advertisement