Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog drying fleece

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I just use an ordinary water magnet on mine. Does the trick and it's cheaper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

You can pick up microfibre towels cheap enough when to have sporty stuff in Lidl/Aldi but depeding on your dogs coat eg if it has a top and undercoat they might not be enough. I have fleecy coat for when we say go to the beach and my guy is soaked to his undercoat (he'a a a swimmer not just a paddler lol :p) http://www.trovercoats.com/ They're expensive but brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

thanks tk123 they are cocker spaniels so more what I need I'd say

they are real swimmers too lol but I always towel dry them first so this would be while they are staying in the utility until they are fully dry . . . .

£ 40 each !!! :eek:

falabo wrote: »
    £ 40 each !!! :eek:

Yeah mine was on offer when I got it - closer to 30. I use a blaster/dryer for my guy - dries him FAST! ;)

• Advertisement

was also thinking of getting one but don't know how long it would take me to dry my 2 cockers and also would they be afraid of the noise. they are very confident but is it louder than a vaccum cleane r?

was also thinking of getting one but don't know how long it would take me to dry my 2 cockers and also would they be afraid of the noise. they are very confident but is it louder than a vaccum cleane r?

Our vaccum is louder i think? You can set the intensity on the blaster it which also makes it quiter/louder. Some dog coats are fleece lined so that might be a cheaper solution? Especially if the coat covers their chest?

yes the coat covers their chest but there is always a bit of water in between the legs and the paws themselves, they would never be 100% when walking in the rain even with the best coats.

I might give that blaster a go, I've been thinking about it for a while, would love to see it in a pet shop so I could try it before buying ! :D

would love to see it in a pet shop so I could try it before buying ! :D

Just go to a pet shop with a groomers and stick your head around the door lol :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

there is a 'self service' dog grooming place in North Dublin, maybe you could try out a blaster there, if you're interested let me know, and I'll get the details for you. or, you could just go to your local dog groomers, and ask them if the dog could be in the same room as the blaster, to see how they get on with it.

• Advertisement

Hi ISDW

I would love to find out about that self service dog grooming in North Dublin, could you PM me the details ?

Thanks a lot !

Fleecy coat coming in handy with the crap weather! He always goes asleep in it lol!? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

tk123 wrote: »
    Fleecy coat coming in handy with the crap weather! He always goes asleep in it lol!? :p

Are they made of regular fleece? If so they look very easy to make? Ikea fleece blankets €1.99 but thicker ones are €3.75 and very easy to work with!

Millem wrote: »

Are they made of regular fleece? If so they look very easy to make? Ikea fleece blankets €1.99 but thicker ones are €3.75 and very easy to work with!

No it's not like a fleece balanket tbh - we have some of the ikea ones and its definitely not the same kind of material. It's two layers and really really absorbant. You'd probably bet better off waiting for the microfibre towels to come up in the aldi/lidl specials every few months - should arrive in Jan for sporty new years resolutions lol! :p

falabo I was thinking about you yesterday when I was in tescos and passed dressing gowns for babies/toddlers - they'd be perfect for dogs lol!! Have them step in to the 'arms' then pull the sides up and close at their back :D I actually got a great new coat for Bailey from zooplus for rainy days - it looks to me to be a copy of the Hurrta coats but much cheaper - I got him the second biggest (€20.90) and it fits perfectly with his whole chest/tummy covered so delighted with it.
    http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_clothing/dog_coats/winter_coats/248385

231009.jpg

hi tk123

thanks very much for the update, I was having a look at those on zooplus and was very close to buying these until I came accross some good ones too in petmania (see pc attached). they arwe great, they stya in place and have 3 straps in total, delighted with them, full chest and belly are covered, I only have to dry their paws and head .... :-)

they look very sad but don't be fooled, thay are VERY happy Cockers ! :D:D:D

Advertisement