Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to replace an older phone socket?

Options
  • 30-10-2012 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Hi,

apologies if this has been asked already, but can anyone tell me where to connect the two wires from an old, single input Eircom master phone socket to the one below?

[IMG][/img]VTnrz.jpg

[IMG][/img]7fxPj.jpg

[IMG][/img]Z1XZa.jpg

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

The phone line originating from outside the house doesn't plug into that faceplate directly. That "socket" comes in two parts, the part you photographed is a faceplace for the rest of the socket. Can you see the white "plug" that's to the left of the resistors and above one of the black screw terminals? That slots into an RJ45 socket inside the other part of the unit. It's this other part I mention which is permanently attached to the phone line. There's two screw terminals in that for L1 and L2 which the phone line is connected to.

Have a look at this document: http://www.reci.ie/Portals/0/RECIDocuments/technicalinfo/eircominterface.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

That's great info, much appreciated.
    Will see if I can get the other half of the box somewhere.

Thanks.

Advertisement