Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Rifle

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Need a little help im 16 and a bit stuck on my license have landowners just a few little things heres the forums:

http://www.garda.ie/Documents/User/FCA1%202012%20.pdf

Im getting a weihrauch hw97k .22 for hunting and vermin control i need help on section 2.5- Proof of Competence - in Possession, Use and Carriage of Firearm ( If this is a first time application, please provide proof of your competence in the possession, use and carriage of firearms) have no idea what it is or what to say.

and also section 4.2 Reason why this Type of Firearm is required.(This firearm will be used for: (Tick √ appropriate box(es)) (M)
    Hunting Target shooting at Authorised Range Other (Specify, e.g. Clay Pigeon, Vermin Control, etc)
    Please explain, on a Separate Sheet, why this specific type of firearm is required.)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

1shot16 wrote: »
    ............please provide proof of your competence in the possession, use and carriage of firearms) have no idea what it is or what to say.
    If it is your first firearm/rifle then you must show that you have the safety/competence to use one. This can be in two ways:
    1. Letters from others where you have been licensed on their firearm, and used it under their supervision both safely, and competently.
    2. Completing a firearms course where safety, and competence has been taught.
    Please explain, on a Separate Sheet, why this specific type of firearm is required.)
    Simply use a blank sheet of paper and write out the reason why you want this firearm. If it is for hunting say so, and mention you have attached land permissions with your FCA1 to show that it will be used on those lands. If it's target shooting then say that, and mention that you have attached a copy of your range membership card as proof of your membership.

Attach the extra sheet of paper with these details to your FCA1.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Ok ill say it will be in a gun safe... will i say the safe will be in an alarmed garage aswell?Ill also photocopy the certificate from the safety course and put it in.

Its two land owners and they only give you 1 space on the sheet will i print out a second 5.2 and put it at the end along with written permission? :)

Tell them about the safe, and supply two written permissions signed by the land owners. Section 5.2 is for limited certificates only so not needed, unless that is what you are applying for. If so then fill out one land permission on it, and attach the other to the application.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Cass wrote: »
    Section 5.2 is for limited certificates only so not needed, unless that is what you are applying for. If so then fill out one land permission on it, and attach the other to the application.

So i dont fill out section 5.2?Will i put

I (name) give permission to (me) to shoot on my land.

and then get them to sign it...do i need contact detail,addresses etc?mabye u could give me a layout as i want everything perfect :)

• Advertisement

If you are applying for a full license then two letters of permission are needed. Keep it short and sweet, but factual. So something like;
    I "paddy bloggs" give "1shot16" permission to shoot all lands owned by me for the purpose of vermin control and game hunting during season. My land consists of approx. 50 (example) acres.

Signed: Paddy Bloggs

Mobile/contact number: 088 12345678

Area
    Town
    County

Ok thanks just one more thing do i fill out 5.2 then!?

A limited certificate is only for a shotgun, and for vermin shooting so No, you don't fill it out.

Advertisement