Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Woes

Options
  • 30-10-2012 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Is anybody else's broadband down in Letterkenny today?

I'm with smart and its been down since yesterday, some other people I know with smart were also down but a few of them have since got back online. I'm still stuck with blinking lights and no joy. :(

Tried ringing them for info but was put at 28 in the queue or something silly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

I was having disconnections every few minutes last night but it seems to be working properly again this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Yeah smart had a hardware fault in one of their data centers and it was causing country wide outage yesterday and through the night. Haven't checked today but i'd say with the crazy amount of people affected they gonna be overwhelmed with people ringing up.

very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Phew. So wasn't just me. Kept dropping last night. Then when turned it on this evening my router asked for my username and password

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

So how's things with Smart now, broadband back up and running? Thinking of getting this in soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Mine was on and off as well, but couldnt get online to see-I live in the land of non-internet phones. All great again now

• Advertisement

yeah running no problem, def the best around this area too

Think t's the only time I've had an issue with them in over 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭declan_8

Had the same issues earlier in the week but all sorted now.

Was only my second outage in 4 years so smart have been good for me.

Not a woe, but didn't want to start a new thread.

Anyone else getting better speeds on Smart than usual?

nope no quicker than usual, where you living? they might have done up your area though

• Advertisement

Killyclug. It's usually showing download rate of about 330Kb/s but todayit was showing over 450.

But never mind, it's back to normal now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

i live in glancar scotch, and i get about 750kbs download speed, i lived in glenoughty before that, and i was getting 1.4mbs!

in LK (bottom of town) speedtest shows 14mb down and it gives me (legal) torrent speeds of 900kb-1.6mb

can't really complain! and thats with phones using all the wifi too.

Anyone know actually when the whole cross boarder broadband thing will be up and running?

I seen they were digging up part of the main street again but dunno if thats for cable or some other thing

edit found this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76648766

so has this been turned on yet?

I assumd they were digging up the roads simply because it's what they do. :)

I would love to get those speeds. Doubt I'll get a decent speed too soon up in the suburbs here.

asked the guys working today and they said yeah what they are doing is for the fiber, the exchange is gonna be outside the library it seems!

Advertisement