Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Police certs for Canada visa

• 30-10-2012 12:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

It says the usit website that I need to have a police cert for everywhere country that I have lived in for over 6 months since I was 18.

For me that's 4 countries since I was 18. Is this really necessary? I have a relatively new passport so none of these countries are on it

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Del007 wrote: »
    It says the usit website that I need to have a police cert for everywhere country that I have lived in for over 6 months since I was 18.

For me that's 4 countries since I was 18. Is this really necessary? I have a relatively new passport so none of these countries are on it

Cheers

It starts off a ball of lies when you start filling in the bits about work experience etc.
    What about if you want to apply for PR and need to prove past work experience and past addresses?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 V8_man

I believe it is necessary, and for PR certainly you need to provide all the addresses you've lived at too. I had to provide police clearances for just two countries and that was a PITA so best of luck with it. Remember the certs all have to be up to date as well, so if you need to reapply they may have expired and they'll have to be renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrs McSweeney

We had to get three, UK Germany & Ireland, by FAR the most hassle was the Irish one, took nearly 6 weeks. We had to get the German one translated (luckily our neighbour is German) & notarised by a Notary (€75 to notarise three documents).

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Bernice101

Last year I sent all the visa app documentation to Paris - including police certificate of character - I got the email back requesting payment for app [ so docs must have been in order] but didnt bother applying in the end. Going to apply this year, and I see some of yea are referring to a 6 week wait for police certs. The Paris folk seemed ok with the cert of character - which only involved filling out simple form, no fee, so Im question is are yea applying to Templemore for the cert which you pay for, or just the cert from the superintendent at your local garda station?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 V8_man

Bernice101 wrote: »
    are yea applying to Templemore for the cert which you pay for, or just the cert from the superintendent at your local garda station?

I got one from my (former) local garda station. I faxed them my ID and a list of addresses, and they posted the cert to my Ma, who forwarded it to me. I heard there was one you had to pay for but my local station had done one for me before so I just did it the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Del007

I've to get a police cert from Australia, Wales and New Zealand. Does anyone know how I go about this?

Cheers for your help

Advertisement