Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanic Recommendation- Sandyford/ Dundrum

Options
  • 30-10-2012 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Like the title says, I'm looking for a recommendation for a mechanic around the Sandyford/ Dundrum area.
    Car died on the way home yesterday, and the tow guy reckons the master slave... something... in the clutch went.
    I'd need someone who can tow it from our house to their garage as well, as it's not driveable the way it is.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

There's a guy on the Ballycorus rd. in Kilternan, David Roe is his name, good mechanic, don't have a number but you'll get it in Golden pages

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Daniel Motors, just off the Murphystown Road 087 1269812. He fixed my car very cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Thanks! Will give them both a buzz Monday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Kingcalumn

Were these guys any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

i used Daniel motors. I dont know much about cars but he seemed good, fixed the car and was cheaper than other quotes I got. Have sent some friends there since, they had a good experience also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 anyOldUsername

I've just come back from Daniel Motors in Sandyford, Daniel himself looked after me. My car had developed a squeak, he lifted the car up on the ramp and had a look at the wheels to see if anything was up and was able to pinpoint the problem pretty quickly.

This is what I like about finding somewhere like Daniel motors. Instead of handing keys to a big outfit and coming back at the end of the day and having to accept the service managers word for being charged an arm and a leg, Daniel was able to bring me round and show me exactly where the problem was, a clip had got bent (he showed me the proper shape on the opposite wheel) when the rear brake pads were replaced (at a brake replacement place!!!) and was rubbing. He fixed it there and then while I went for some lunch, €20 all done, very pleased!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I've just come back from Daniel Motors in Sandyford, Daniel himself looked after me. My car had developed a squeak, he lifted the car up on the ramp and had a look at the wheels to see if anything was up and was able to pinpoint the problem pretty quickly.

This is what I like about finding somewhere like Daniel motors. Instead of handing keys to a big outfit and coming back at the end of the day and having to accept the service managers word for being charged an arm and a leg, Daniel was able to bring me round and show me exactly where the problem was, a clip had got bent (he showed me the proper shape on the opposite wheel) when the rear brake pads were replaced (at a brake replacement place!!!) and was rubbing. He fixed it there and then while I went for some lunch, €20 all done, very pleased!!

Can't beat that for Value and customer service

21/25

Advertisement