Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage advice and questions

Options
  • 30-10-2012 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭

Hi i am looking to purchase my first house in london zone 4/5 and was wondering if there are any websites to check whats the cheapest and bets deal i can get for a mortgage.

am i better off just speaking to each individual bank or is there a website that can compare them all?

i am not looking over 250k for a property just to keep the stamp duty low which is 3% currently if i am correct.

How much would i need to purchase a house besides the deposit?

from what i can see, i would need to pay for the above:
    • deposit(10% i will give for a 250k or below on a 30+ year mortgage)
    • stamp duty tax
    • solicitor fees

Am i missing anything?

Also, what are the typical expenses i would need to pay per month once i own my own property. so far i know of these things:
    • mortgage repayments 1200pm
    • gas ??
    • electric ??
    • water ??
    • council tax ??
    • Food 400pm
    • building insurance ??
    • broadband 20pm
    • Car one(insurance 45pm, car service 300 a year)
    • Car Two(insurance 100+pm, free for another 4 years)
    • Rainy day/savings 200-300pm

I have another question though. i plan to have a stab at doing contract work as i can earn double what i am earning now getting 400 a day or more. i heard mortgage lenders dont like contractors and prefer people working on a stable perm role(nowadays what job is stable?)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

605 posts and you are asking for advice on UK mortgages on an irish site??

Advertisement