Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24Mb Broadband - Monaghan Town

Options
  • 30-10-2012 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi

Just wondering if someone from Eircom can tell me if my line will support 24Mbps Broadband? I am in Monaghan town.

I am within 400m of the town centre and as yet I do not have an active line in my house.

I jsut want to know if I should go for the 24Mbps package or the 8Mbps package - I would ideally want the 24Mbos package but if the line wont support it there is no point me paying an extra 20 euro a month.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

Make21 wrote: »
    Hi

Just wondering if someone from Eircom can tell me if my line will support 24Mbps Broadband? I am in Monaghan town.

I am within 400m of the town centre and as yet I do not have an active line in my house.

I jsut want to know if I should go for the 24Mbps package or the 8Mbps package - I would ideally want the 24Mbos package but if the line wont support it there is no point me paying an extra 20 euro a month.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Make21

Can you PM me your full address and I will check this out for you? Also if you clip a handset into the socket and try dialling 199000 this should call back a dial tone number to you. If so can you also PM me this number as I will be able to run some direct line tests.

Regards
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Make21

PM Sent Linda - thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Make21

Got your PM Linda - thanks for looking into this for me, much appreciated.

For others in Monaghan Town: THe main Exchange seems enabled to support "Up to" 24Mbps but you will need to get your line checked first as real world sppeds vary depending on various factors e.g. distance from exchange etc

Advertisement