Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

classic insurance

• 30-10-2012 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

does anyone know how old does a motorcycle need to be eligible for classic insurance!.
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

15 years afaik - but only Carole Nash offer classic insurance (again, as far as I know)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 seeker639

thx Wossack

• Registered Users Posts: 9 YAMER

I may be wrong but i thought it was 30? it's certanily 30 for vintage tax €22. i have 83 gs 750

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭KittyMittens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

All my bikes are classic and have been since they were 15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

YAMER wrote: »
    I may be wrong but i thought it was 30? it's certanily 30 for vintage tax €22. i have 83 gs 750

You're wrong, I got classic insurance on my GPz at 15 years old ;)

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

YAMER wrote: »

30 for tax, 15 for insurance. IIRC cars are 25 for insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

thats a good one alright, thanks for the link

they dont have any details though on their website (what they consider 'classic' age, etc) - anyone used them?

one thing to note too about a classic policy - if its not your only bike, it might be cheaper to just add the classic to your existing policy (if possible). As you can only use an NCB against a single policy, the classic one wouldnt benefit from an NCB discount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

you need to have a full licence to avail of it as well. from the checking around i done earlier this eyar that was the case anyways.

Advertisement