Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for website design

Options
  • 30-10-2012 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Looking to get a new website and looking for any recommendations of companies to build one for us.

Can anyone suggest?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

pdtdublin wrote: »
    Looking to get a new website and looking for any recommendations of companies to build one for us.

Can anyone suggest?

I don't know anything about them, or their prices etc... But was talking to a guy 2 hours ago who used them, and is very happy.. http://www.thenet.ie/

Also plenty of freelancers out there And probably HERE on boards

EDIT:

Moved to the same spot anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pdtdublin

Thanks, sent them a message. Just don't want to get a bad deal like I have so many times before...don't mind the cost just looking for value for money

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

I'd like to recommend Excelwebdesign they did my ecommerce site. It's a husband and wife operation based in Ratoath. David looks after styling and SEO while Marie looks after the coding etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭swordsinfo

endplate wrote: »
    I'd like to recommend Excelwebdesign they did my ecommerce site. It's a husband and wife operation based in Ratoath. David looks after styling and SEO while Marie looks after the coding etc.

Hay did you find a solution? I have a new low cost web solution for only 15 a month. It has different views for mobile, iPad and desktop. It's not high SPEC but the idea is to get as many businesses online with a professional solution. Pm me if you need more info.

One bit of advice have a look at what your competition is. Most websites are not reinventing the wheel but some sites I have seen lack both creativity and design.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Packet Of Gravy

I am a fifth year student and I am planning on going to Kolkata to work with the poor. I have some web design experience and the site will have no maintenance costs. I'll set up the facebook and twitter accounts if they're also needed.

You can check out the site for Kolkata I made myself. I also set up a private social network for the team to communicate outside of meetings.
    www.kolkataimmersion.weebly.com

You can email me at packetofgravy2 at gmail.see-oh-em

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭designbydan

Not sure if I'm allowed to just pimp out my own services on here but I've seen some other suggested themselves so I might as well too.

http://www.designby-dan.com Is my site, from there you can see some of my work and click the links for my twitter/facebook and LinkedIn profiles. My LinkedIn is also connected to my Behance profile which contains some more past projects, both from Web and other Media.

feel free to contact me anytime via the form on my site, PM me through here, or any of the various social network sites listed above.

Good Luck with the search, I hope you find someone suitable soon.

Advertisement