Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F-Class European Championships

• 30-10-2012 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭

I want to wish all the lads that are heading over to Bisley tomorrow the very best of luck in the upcoming competition.

I hope they can bring home some silverware and defend their 3rd place team finish from last year.

I look forward to hearing all the stories.

Updates should be available on the F-tr Ireland Facebook page and also on their Twitter page

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

It's tough times, financially, for anyone to be traveling to compete so well done to the lads going, and as said the very best of luck to the them.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Good luck lads! I suspect Bisley is going to be very cold at this time of year (Was freezing my nuts off in September!) so hope everyone has a good time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭ranger4

Best of luck Lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Good luck lads and ... watch out ... I hope to be going myself next year ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

The lads are all settled in now and just waiting till it all kicks off tomorrow morning.

Accurate Shooter has linked to the FTR Ireland Facbook page in their latest article :cool:

It's great to see the Irish shooters getting some publicity.
    The European F-Class Championship (and British Championship) kick off this weekend (November 2-4) at the legendary Bisley Range in the UK. With 185 entrants, this event should be the largest F-Class competition of the year outside of North America. The Championship matches commence tomorrow, but competitors have already arrived at Bisley and they are getting their F-Class rifles warmed up during practice sessions. Here are some photos from the F-TR Ireland Facebook Page.

bisleystick01.jpg

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2012/11/f-classers-ready-for-european-championships-at-bisley-uk/

• Advertisement

Thanks to F-TR Ireland for keeping us up to date with all the latest scores and news.

Good shooting today and some respectful scores going in. Keep it up lads.

800 Yards

533618_299770743462589_1371423804_n.jpg

900 Yards

21330_299766620129668_1072834441_n.jpg

1000 Yards

68078_299771393462524_328013472_n.jpg

These photos and more are on the FTR Ireland facebook page

800 Yards

530712_300092236763773_1477765079_n.jpg

900 Yards

527278_300092756763721_241768589_n.jpg

1000 Yards

182543_300093193430344_669658692_n.jpg

400346_300094013430262_387933539_n.jpg
    FTR Ireland

Congrats to everyone.

Time for the teams to battle it out tomorrow.

Interesting results at 900 on day 2. 73 highest score, second was 69 then scores fell kinda fast.

Improvement then on 1,000 yards, and 800 was consistently good both days. Wonder were conditions changing that much or is 900 yards a troublesome range?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

The Europeans are finished for another year.

Some good news to report:

In the Rutland team competition Ireland has come 1st with their four man team, the Wolfhounds.

Irish F-Open Team has taken silver in team competition.

An Irish F-Open shooter has taken Bronze in the Individuals.

Congratulations to everybody!

I also want to thank the person behind FTR Ireland's Facebook and Twitter pages. Without them we would be still waiting on news and results.

This is the way forward for shooting sports and the more organisations and different disciplines that start to follow this trend of up-to-date news the better, it will only be good for our sport.

• Advertisement

Good news and some good results. Hopefully we can get the full run down of all scores including the F-open, and team.

Well done to all.

The complete run down of scores should become available on F Class UK website in the coming days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

Brilliant result from "the wolfhounds" in the Rutland which is run along side the European team event.

I started with a zero wind at 1000 to return a 5 and a V as first and second sighters.
    Later a colleague had 14moa left with a three hold to hit 5.
    Serious conditions and changes.
    The team event was in danger of cancelation altogether due to severe flooding., it was eventually held over just the one distance.

:eek:
    Sounds like some very interesting conditions. Sounds like people would have been doing well to stay on the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hollywood rose

No, the Ireland F-TR team won gold in 2008

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

No, the Ireland F-TR team won gold in 2008

This is in answer to ???

This is in answer to ???
    /cough
    Brilliant result from "the wolfhounds" in the Rutland which is run along side the European team event.
    They are the first Irish F-class team to take a gold at Bisley as far as I know.
    Son of a bitch of a day.

I started with a zero wind at 1000 to return a 5 and a V as first and second sighters.
    Later a colleague had 14moa left with a three hold to hit 5.
    Serious conditions and changes.
    The team event was in danger of cancelation altogether due to severe flooding., it was eventually held over just the one distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

Apologies, your correct about the gold in 2008.
    My mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭BOG FLY

Congrats to the Rutland winning team the "Wolfhounds". two from kilkenny, one from Waterford and one from Dublin, well done boys.:D

Also to Mark Bannon from Kilkenny for finishing 14 at the his first F-TR Europeans.
    He could have finish first:p but made a b**** at 900 yds on the second day;), well done Mark.

Looks like it was a great tournament for all who took part.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hollywood rose

complete team results as per NRA UK website, well done to all.

Open

1 Great Britain 747.52
    2 Republic of Ireland 728.42
    3 Germany 721.33
    4 Italy 701.26

FTR

1 Great Britain 714.36
    2 Ukraine 711.29
    3 Germany 678.19
    4 Republic of Ireland 677.26
    5 Spain 631.24
    6 Italy 600.26

Rutland

Open
    1 Ukraine 375.20
    2 Europe 1 371.20
    3 Dill Germany 366.19
    4 6 & 5/8ths 353.10
    5 Spain 344.17
    6 Europe 2 332.12
    7 France 1 331.10
    8 France 2 331.10

FTR
    1 Wolf Hounds 308.05

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 HamandCheese13

Well done to all the Irish shooters who spent their time and money to compete in this years FClass European Championships and a special congrats to the lads on both the Irish FOpen and FTR teams who were proud to represent their country at this event.
    dev110 wrote: »
    In the Rutland team competition Ireland has come 1st with their four man team, the Wolfhounds.

Eh, that’s not exactly correct. The Rutland 4 Man Team competition is for stand alone teams not representing their country, so "Ireland" can't come anywhere in the Rutland.

Also, how do you recon the Wolf Hounds came 1st in the Rutland? The scores seem to suggest that they scored lowest overall and where also the only FTR team in the Rutland. Am I missing something here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Thanks to everyone for all the support back home while all the lads were over in Bisley. I know the support and well-wishes were much appreciated.
    Massive

Massive congratulations to the F-Open Team Ireland for taking Silver in the European Team championships! Well done and great shooting in very challenging conditions. A great result for Team Ireland.

Well done to all our lads shooting for FTR Team Ireland - excellent performance in some of the hardest wind conditions we've had to deal with. A minor hurricane at the end of the detail was something to deal with and to keep holding the 5's and V's in those conditions is something you can all be proud off. To have been pipped for the Bronze by just one point just shows how tight the competition was and how hard-fought the championships were. Well done, FTR Team Ireland and great shooting lads - you did us and your nation proud.

To clarify: the Wolfhounds were not shooting the Rutland as representatives of Ireland nor were they entered as an Ireland Team. The four shooters were Irish shooters who were proud to compete alongside. As four shooters from Ireland not shooting for their country, we were delighted to compete as a scratch team.

Not sure what happened the other FTR Rutland teams. There appeared to be another FTR team on the line when we were shooting.

Ah well, either way, it was a great shoot and well done to all shooters from Ireland.

Advertisement