Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM13

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Yakult wrote: »
    Just started with Liverpool, needed a few players and little money so brought in Sidney Sam and Mario Bolatti on full season loans and bought Demba Ba for £7mil (valued at 13.5 so profit to be made). Pretty lackluster start to the season so far, 11 games in and four won, five drawn and two lost. Downing and Cole still a bitch to shift tho! Got Cole out on loan deadline day thank god! :pac:

Finished the first season, came 5th with a tally of 65 points. My highest scorers were Ba with 18 goals and Suarez 11, only conceded 20 goals, the best in the league but a lot of 0-0 draws! Sent Sidney Sam home in January, he was useless unlike Bolatti who did a good job in CDM when called upon. The stand out performer was Sabastian Coates. Immensely good and getting better.

Got a budget of 22m for the coming season, so far I brought in Pjanic (15m), Mutch (4.3m), M'Villa (18m), Ospina (free), Destro (free) and a wonder kid from INF Clairefontaine. Sold Carroll, Assaidi and Spearing for a combined amount of 23m, with Carroll bringing in 14m so I thought that was ok.

First team;
    Reina
    -Johnson--Skrtel--Coates--Enrique-
    M'Villa

Gerrard--Lucas

Pjanic

Ba
    Suarez

Bench;
    Ospina
    Kelly
    Agger
    Allen
    Shelvey
    Sterling
    Destro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 xwave7000

Shzm wrote: »
    Started off a game with Club Brugge, 6 seasons later we're ranked around 20th in Europe and won the Champions League last season after a take over by a group of wealthy Danes around 2016 - 2017, who give me around €25mil to spend each year.

Star signings though have Gianni Bruno, Ricardo Centurion and William Barbio.. All three go on to become internationals and are well worth signing, especially Centurion.

Highly recommend playing in Belgium too if you're looking for somewhere different to manage :)

ARRGH!! Don't talk to me about Centurion, tried to sign him on a free the first transfer window with Nottm Forest, agreed terms and he couldn't get a work permit!! Absolutely sickened me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Finally made the move to FM 13. Not sure why, just fancied a change. I was planning on waiting for 14 but yeah. Didn't happen.

Anyway, doing what I always do by starting unemployed with a Sunday League Rep. The goal is to win the Champions League on each continent, finishing in Europe before joining Arsenal to end my career by trying to overtake United's record (assuming someone else doesn't do it first) amount of league titles.

Before that however I packed my virtual bags and left Ireland on a plane to Peru and Cobresol Fútbol Club. Board told me I would not be judged on this season's results which is good news seeing as they were 15th out of 16 when I arrived, with only four games left in the opening stage. 10 points clear of 16th with 12 to play for meant I could still finish last if results don't go my way. Lost three in a row but I wasn't too upset as we played better in each game and more importantly, the goals increased. The final game was annoying though. A 3-3 draw having been 3-1 up should have been three points instead of just the one. Luckily Sport Boys were crap and lost all four anyway.

When I arrived it was easy to see why they were doing so badly. One goalkeeper with a 1 silver star rating, only two CM's, the best of which had a 1.5 gold rating and no RB. Had to play a few players out of position as I couldn't register anyone else until the mid season break.

Quickly got a 2 gold rated GK but after that it was only the best. A 4 and a 4.5 gold rated CM and DM were signed along with a 4 gold ST. Hopefully the second stage will go better with my own signings. On a related note, I love the Director of Football addition. He makes life so much easier.

I now have 14 games to play in the second stage. For the second half of the season the league splits into two. 1st, 3rd etc go into group A while 2nd, 4th etc go into group B. The winner of each group faces off to determine the champion for the season. I think. 1st place in group A is on 68 points, I'm on 24. I already can't win as even 14 victories will only give me 66 points.

Is their any way to change the match display to be the same as 12? I can't get it to be on the overview page and automatically go to highlights when shown. The highlights only appear in the background when I'm on the overview page.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Good luck with Australia and Antarctica!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Is there any point in not spending your transfer budget? Like I have 30ish million in January, if I keep it does it add onto my budget in the summer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Yeah, the money will be retained by the club, a new budget will be set for next season anyway but the more money you have the better. The more money the club has, depending on what your season expectations are, the bigger the budget

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Managed to drag Cobresol to the dizzying heights of 14th in the final league table. Went into the final day knowing I could finish 13th with a victory for myself, a loss for Melgar, and a 12 goal swing. Melgar lost but I could only draw 1-1. Never looked like scoring 2, let alone 12. I did start to fear for my job at one point, but results took a turn for the better all of a sudden. Tactics were slowly getting more fluid but I don’t think that was the cause. I noticed my languages spoken had changed from “English” to “English, Spanish (Basic)”. Never realised how important that was but it does make some sense. Any new country that I hit the ground running in in 2012, they spoke English. Any country that took a while to get going, didn’t.

In the end, Cristal won the lot. The lost six games all season, five of them by a single goal. The sixth game was when I hammered them 4-0, the only time they conceded more than 2 in a match. It doesn’t mean anything since they still won the league while I finished 14th, but I’m counting it as a small victory. Got a 1-1 draw in the away fixture. Wasn’t at the club for the opening stage fixture. No mention of any cup competitions in Peru which is a shame as I was a bit of a cup expert in 2012.

I lost 7 out of 18, but am currently unbeaten in the last 6. Right around the time when I learned Spanish. I can only assume language plays a much bigger role than I realised. My Spanish is no longer basic so hopefully I can push on next season as the club showed some faith in me by giving me a new contract. An extra year and a pay rise of £500 per week. That seems like nothing, but that’s more than I actually make each week for real….

Advertisement