Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dundalk Fc need your help

• 30-10-2012 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

Pighead has noticed over the years that Dundalk FC hold a special place in the heart of most boards users. Have noticed little comments in here such as 'Oh I love Dundalk FC. Such an honorable team with a fan base that seems to be very sound' and 'Yeah, I've always had a soft spot for Dundalk's football team. They have lovely white jersey's and their lounge is amongst the best in the league'

The Lilywhites face Waterford this evening in a battle which will decide which team eats at the big table next year and which team sleeps with the fishes. Pighead is asking for your help to make sure the team with the nicest jersey and lounge stays up in the big league where they belong.

Have nothing at all against Waterford but they are much more suited to the first division and Pighead genuinely fears for the mental stability of their players and fans if they are forced to take part in the enormous pressure cooker that is the premier division.

Anyway if people could do Dundalk FC a favour and stare at the following picture of the beautiful Oriel Park for thirty seconds while quietly chanting "Dundalk, Dundalk, we love you, Please stay up, the premier division need you"

Crowd-Dundalk-v-Liverpool-Legends-Match-23-July-2011.jpg

Thank you kindly for your time and prayers. Your contribution will never be forgotten.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Cmon the deise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Is it wrong, Pighead, that I'd rather visit Waterford as an away fan?

Also - the pitch in that pic looks nicer than it has in ages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Good luck for the match tonight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

deisedave wrote: »
    Cmon the deise!!
    Appreciate that deisedave. Nice to see you speaking Latin as well. Much underused language.

For anybody not au fait with Latin, Pighead will now translate deise's message.
    Dundalk, Dundalk, we love you, Please stay up, the Premier division needs you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Best of luck to Waterford.

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    Appreciate that deisedave. Nice to see you speaking Latin as well. Much underused language.

For anybody not au fait with Latin, Pighead will now translate deise's message.

You coming to the away game? Good luck tonight anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,591 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hope Dundalk stay up for the handy drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Like to see Waterford go up cause know few of their fans and can meet for drinks after.

Be nice to have Cork, Limerick and Waterford back for the local derbies(kinda)

The match is on Setanta tonight, nice to be able to watch my home town on the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Ireland's two most annoying accents go head to head! Dundaaaaaaawwwwk take on Waaaaaaterfowd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Is there a small child being used as a sacrifice?

dds.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,789 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

geeky wrote: »

Also - the pitch in that pic looks nicer than it has in ages!
    Artifical surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Is there a small child being used as a sacrifice?

dds.jpg

Better option than bringing in Roddy Collins.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

UNITED!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Lived up there for a few years, good times....'mon town.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

C'mon the Blues . Waterford will not exist next season if they don't go up sadly.

C'mon the Blues . Waterford will not exist next season if they don't go up sadly.

Yeah the stadium was half empty at the Longford match, I have no idea how they will survive financially if they don't go up.

Really can not wait to watch the Local club on the television for once again :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,591 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yeah the stadium was half empty at the Longford match, I have no idea how they will survive financially if they don't go up.

Really can not wait to watch the Local club on the television for once again :D:D:D
    Monaghan are an example that going up might end up being even worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

There was over 1200 at the match on Friday. Which, all things considered was not a bad crowd.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Having been to Oriel Park and not yet having been to the RSC...

...Come on Waterford :)

I also have to hope SPA win the FAI Cup. I can't be hoping for both Dundalk and SPA to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've brought Waterford United from the first division to winning 10 Irish Premier Division titles in succession in FM12. They now have a 16,000 seater stadium named after my good self and recently knocked A.C Milan out of the Champions League knockout stages, unfortunately losing the quarter final. They also have 30 million in cash in the bank and that's after paying for the new stadium.

This is the start of something big for WAterford. I can feel it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Have to support Dundalk here. Waterford is just so far away. Was really really hoping for Longford to get up. Imagine a geographically convenient away trip :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I've brought Waterford United from the first division to winning 10 Irish Premier Division titles in succession in FM12. They now have a 16,000 seater stadium named after my good self
    The Mars Bar Stadium?

Sell outs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Fan pleads for help, other fans ponder driving distances and stadiums :D

Waterford for me, won pitch of the year and is a lovely ground.

Not a bad drive these days and some cracking pubs for overnighters.

Sorry pighead :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Watching on TV, I remember years ago standing in the area left of the main stand where the Waterford fans are. You couldn't even see the game if the ball went down the far end of the near touchline. Add the artificial pitch into the equation and well .....

Hopefully marsbarstadium.com @ Oriel Park will have a better architect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Ireland's two most annoying accents go head to head! Dundaaaaaaawwwwk take on Waaaaaaterfowd!

I appreciate that (I'm from Cork)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

ThankYouMistakeTheBeautiful.jpg

Thank you so much for your positive vibes and the messages of goodwill towards our grand old club. Pighead received literally millions of PM's from boards members sending messages of love and support.

Any hint of negativity (very disappointing attitude dreamers) was washed away with a flood of positivity and hope from our friends all over the country. The soundest club in Ireland will again be feasting with the big boys next March. From the bottom of Michael Rafters beautiful belly, the people of Dundalk say thank you very much.

michael-rafter-2112012-630x406.jpg

Some are saying that Dundalk's heroics against Waterford are an even greater achievement than Sligo winning the league but that's probably a debate for another day. For now lets all agree that the premier division is blessed that the greatest club with the greatest fans, jersey and lounge shall be strutting their stuff in the top league next season.

darius-kiearns-2112012-630x421.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

.ie/media/2012/11/michael-rafter-2112012-630x406.jpg[/IMG]
    . For now lets all agree that the premier division is blessed that the greatest club with the greatest fans, jersey and lounge shall be strutting their stuff in the top league next season.
    ]

But the ****test away end ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Glad it helped Pighead, see you same time next season :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Some are saying that Dundalk's heroics against Waterford are an even greater achievement than Sligo winning the league but that's probably a debate for another day. For now lets all agree that the premier division is blessed that the greatest club with the greatest fans, jersey and lounge shall be strutting their stuff in the top league next season.

Great performance last night, Maxi will be thrilled

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Great performance last night, Maxi will be thrilled

What happened the last time Dundalk won a playoff..

Advertisement