Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gun licence

Options
  • 30-10-2012 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Hi lads my father has a shotgun which he never uses any more, but he has his licence. My question is it possible for me to get licenced on his
    gun. I dont own a gun but a few of my mates are into hunting and i would like to start as well, but I dont want to buy my own, when there is one at home. so basically can 2 people be licenced on the same gun?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Yes.

You apply for your own license on your father's gun. You fill in an FCA1 as normal, but in section 4.1 you include your Father's license details. Also a letter of consent from your Father to say he agrees to allow you to get a license and use his shotgun.

You may still have to do a competency course if it is your first firearms license, but with your Father already having a license for it the process should be a straight forward one.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

Thanks for that i was expecting a no. i forgot to mention that i don't live at home will this make a difference. i do live in the same town though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If you intend to store the gun at your home permanently or from time to time you need to have a gun safe, and meet all the necessary security arrangements.

If you intend to leave the gun stored at your Father's house then in section 3.5 tick "Yes" for Do you comply with all the security arrangements, etc. In the next box tick it for "Is the firearm normally stored at a different location other than your home address". Then on a separate piece of paper give your Father's home address, and this is where his letter saying he gives you permission to license, and use the gun, and that it will remain stored at his address when not in use.

Hope that makes sense.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

Thanks for the info. very helpful

Advertisement