Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV chef Heston Blumenthal reveals he sucks a tampon to cleanse his palate

• 30-10-2012 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭

Might come in handy if you like your steak 'bloody'

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/tv-chef-heston-blumenthal-reveals-he-sucks-a-tampon-to-cleanse-his-palate-3278010.html
    TV chef Heston Blumenthal has revealed his novel method of cleansing his palate between courses –sucking on a tampon.

The chef, famed for his experimental dishes, believes the product is perfect to absorb any flavours left in the mouth after food. “If you drain the moisture in your mouth you experience richness, creaminess and sweetness more intensely ... and there is really nothing much more absorbent than a tampon”, he told The Guardian.

He attributes the discover to oral physiologist Don Prince who he visited in the Netherlands. “Don is the equivalent of me in the physiology department: he's brilliant but barking mad and although I think he surpassed himself this time, it was not uncharacteristic”, he said. He said that before long the two were “playing around with different tampons” as part of the experiment.

He explained why they prove so useful: “You sit there and it grows and sucks the moisture out and just gets quite wet, swollen and woolly. Although it is quite funny sitting there with the little string coming out of your mouth.

“If you have a spoonful of ice-cream then put a tampon on the tongue for a couple of minutes, when you eat the ice-cream again the taste will be richer.

Let's hope he's only doing it for the run up to the Christmas period. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

New or used?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Wooooooooooah Blumenthaaaaaal, Blumenthaaaal for youuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Heston Jammythal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Just looking at Heston and you know he is not all there. So this isnt shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Wonder what he uses to floss his teeth??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Cant stand this mans whole modus operandi, his "food" and such is utterly pointless, fancy, wánkery, attention seeking shíte, just to impress gobshítes who would fall for anything.

Theres not a hope he actually does this regularly, just the usual attention seeking everyone has come to expect from him.

Gimme James Martin (butter fiend) or Guy Fieri any day of the week for proper cooking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

so every bite of my food i must use a tampon between bites to make it taste nicer?
    what about tasting the tampon kinda runs your apetite

How has nobody mentioned a "tampoura" joke yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Does he use a banana to stop his hole bleeding?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

antodeco wrote: »
    How has nobody mentioned a "tampoura" joke yet?

Probably because it wouldnt be funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Some liquid Nitrogen washed down with a tampon, eh, I'll probably be giving his restaurant a miss, I'd rather eat in Supermacs Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

TV chef Heston Blumenthal has revealed his novel method of cleansing his palate between courses –sucking on a tampon.

It's quite common for twats to have tampons in them.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Probably because it wouldnt be funny.

At least my comment was batter than yours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Cant stand this mans whole modus operandi, his "food" and such is utterly pointless, fancy, wánkery, attention seeking shíte, just to impress gobshítes who would fall for anything.

when you create something better, come back and then start criticising

I think the guy is a breath of fresh air and really original

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Theres not a hope he actually does this regularly, just the usual attention seeking everyone has come to expect from him.

Gimme James Martin (butter fiend) or Guy Fieri any day of the week for proper cooking.

Oh so you prefer burgers. Why didn't you just say so. God, what a pointless, fancy, wánkery, attention seeking post, just to impress gobshítes who don't know who Guy Fieri is.

antodeco wrote: »
    At least my comment was batter than yours

It was a whisk I was willing to take.

It was a whisk I was willing to take.

Don't jump from the frying pan in to the fire, batter to first absorb this news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

kingtiger wrote: »

Sperm Shaped Ice-Cream - yup. he did it.

See I often found the word "originality" to be often mistaken for "lunatic" :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭King Of Wishful Thinking

Doesn't surprise me, we were over in the UK a few years back and decided to go to The Fat Duck.

When we ordered some unpasteurized Irish Cheese, he gave the wife a smear test.

Boombastic wrote: »
    Don't jump from the frying pan in to the fire, batter to first absorb this news

It was his fault for egging me on.

• Advertisement

See I often found the word "originality" to be often mistaken for "lunatic" :pac:

Like, say Van Gogh, just for instance. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

aye those two descriptions often blur the lines :D

but fair play to the man, he is completely self taught and won three Michelin stars.

It was his fault for egging me on.

I know, I seen that..AH attracts all woks of life, be grate and rise above it:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

kingtiger wrote: »

I think its pure style over substance. Like his new show being adevertised on c4 of all the big food, utterly pointless, one thing I think I saw was a huge carton of custard, making it massive for no other reason than people to look at, go "wowee cats pee isnt that amazing" (not actual quote), then most of it will just go to waste. I just dont see the appeal.

MadsL wrote: »
    Oh so you prefer burgers. Why didn't you just say so. God, what a pointless, fancy, wánkery, attention seeking post, just to impress gobshítes who don't know who Guy Fieri is.

I like all food pretty much, nothing wrong with a good burger, does Heston Blumenthal not cook burgers at all or something? Maybe it wasnt in the £150 cook book he brought out. Its people with that sort of food snobbish attitude who are obviously his target audience, so that doesnt surprise me that you dont agree with me. How could I impress people with Guy Fieri if they dont know who he is? But he is on Food Network like 4 hours out of every day, so hes not exactly unknown or anything.

I think its pure style over substance. Like his new show being adevertised on c4 of all the big food, utterly pointless, one thing I think I saw was a huge carton of custard, making it massive for no other reason than people to look at, go "wowee cats pee isnt that amazing" (not actual quote), then most of it will just go to waste. I just dont see the appeal.

I like all food pretty much, nothing wrong with a good burger, does Heston Blumenthal not cook burgers at all or something? Maybe it wasnt in the £150 cook book he brought out. Its people with that sort of food snobbish attitude who are obviously his target audience, so that doesnt surprise me that you dont agree with me. How could I impress people with Guy Fieri if they dont know who he is? But he is on Food Network like 4 hours out of every day, so hes not exactly unknown or anything.

Do you know what an inverted snob is? Because you are the definition of one.

Guy Fieri (and whilst I do like him) hasn't a hundreth of the talent HB has - Guy won a reality show prize that allows him to get paid for eating and going 'nom nom nom; yummy'. Blumenthal earned his success through hard work and talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

I think that this is a very silly thread.

Advertisement