Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what if 3 months have passed...

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Some Supers are handing out letter instead of the "S" on the license. Don't worry about it for the moment.

Wait until the license arrives, then go to your FO, and request a reprint of the license with the "S" on it.

While the letter stands as your authorisation for the mod if the license does not have the "S" then it means it was not run through PULSE. So if stopped by any Garda outside your district and they done a check on PULSE you would not show up as being authorised. So you need the letter on you at all times, and any Garda would have to ring the station to confirm, and if your FO was not there................................. wel you get the picture.

Only recently my Father got a letter, and no "S" on his license even though he had it on his old license. I went back to my FO, explained the above to him, and told him if he was not sure to ring the FPU to confirm (they really don't like the letter thing, and are demanding that station issue the authroisation as an "S"). A week later he got another license with the "S" on it. Then when mine arrived it hd the "S" on it and no letter.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Audioslave82

Letter granting license arrived this morning. Woohoo, I'd imagine the "S" won't be on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

3 Months have passed since yesterday and still I have not received my licenses for my 2 Pistols. I have spoken to a number of the CS staff up to last month who really have'nt been able to tell me anything. I spoke to my Solicitor yesterday who is preparing a sequence of actions.

Does anyone who what the f@ck are Chief Superintendents doing with these applications on their desks?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 clayshooterpl

@knockon - are you sure your application is on Super's desk? Do what I did - go to your local station and make sure your application is no longer there (you may have to do it a few times ;)) and then call super's office, ask for the person dealing with FCs and politely explain the situation... Again - it may not be easy to find the right person but you have to be patient ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

@knockon - are you sure your application is on Super's desk? Do what I did - go to your local station and make sure your application is no longer there (you may have to do it a few times ;)) and then call super's office, ask for the person dealing with FCs and politely explain the situation... Again - it may not be easy to find the right person but you have to be patient ;))

Did all that. Patience has long since expired as has my ability to use the range since Oct 31st.The matter is now being handled by legal consul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Closing the thread as it's now going before the courts. knockon, PM me when you have a ruling and I'll reopen the thread if you want.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement