Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€5.5m tourism investment announced in Kilkenny

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

It's a pity Kilkenny missed out on the Top 25 Places to Holiday in Ireland list. Hopefully things can only get better with the 5.5 million, but there appears to be a lot of competition out there. I think maybe we need to get away from the "Stag Party Central" image.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/judges-choose-the-25-best-places-to-holiday-in-ireland-1.1374450?page=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

It's a pity Kilkenny missed out on the Top 25 Places to Holiday in Ireland list. Hopefully things can only get better with the 5.5 million, but there appears to be a lot of competition out there. I think maybe we need to get away from the "Stag Party Central" image.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/judges-choose-the-25-best-places-to-holiday-in-ireland-1.1374450?page=1[/QUOTE]

That list is a joke. there is nothing special about cork city. Galway and kilkenny are far superior city/town.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Cork was the European capital of culture.

Not so sure about the inclusion of Rosslare or Strandhill though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Bowlardo wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/judges-choose-the-25-best-places-to-holiday-in-ireland-1.1374450?page=1[/QUOTE]

That list is a joke. there is nothing special about cork city. Galway and kilkenny are far superior city/town.

And whats so special about Kilkenny, all it has is a castle, some marble. It know for parites and people who want to get hammered...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

And whats so special about Kilkenny, all it has is a castle, some marble. It know for parites and people who want to get hammered...

That's it, we all live in a castle and eat marble 'cause there's fook all else to do.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

That's it, we all live in a castle and eat marble 'cause there's fook all else to do.

You only have one castle? Pfft I have two!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Sky King wrote: »
    Cork was the European capital of culture.
    Not so sure about the inclusion of Rosslare or Strandhill though

I think Glasgow and Liverpool may have previously held that title also. Can't really go on that. I'd agree with you on that list that there are a number of places that should not be on it. The County of Cork has plenty to do in it but I never had a particularly great time the city. ..probably doesn't count as they were all stags
    Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    The fact that everything is in walking distance.
    • The castle and the park are immense.
    • The black abbey is class.
    • Canices tower is some laugh to go up.
    • we have brewery that is older older than the Guinness
    • loads of quirky shops...good shopping
    • The pubs are excellent. - Langtons, left Bank, Ryans,Syds, Kytlers, Blue bar,Billy Byrnes, pump house all have great bar staff, great pub grub, good pints and just a nice place to have a few scoops
    • quality restauraunts. good selection
    • Generally speaking the hotels (and hostels) are of a very high standard.
    I don't think anyone is going to stay a week in the place but it is a brilliant town for weekend tourism.

Advertisement