Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Maestro card and Mastercard??***

Options
  • 30-10-2012 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

HI I'm trying to set up a PayPal account. I need to verify my account.
    Its asking me for my card type, the option are Mastercard, Visa, Discover and some other one..
    My card is Laser and Maestro
    If I choose Mastercard will it be the same thing?
    Please help its urgent!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

kerryked wrote: »
    Its asking me for my card type, the option are Mastercard, Visa, Discover and some other one..
    Please help its urgent!

Maestro (while issued by Mastercard) is not the same thing.

Not sure if PayPal support Laser/Maestro, it's been discussed here before.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

grrr...i linked my bank account..but to actually transfer funds from there into PayPal, you need a card reader!!...

INTERNET..Y U NO LET ME BUY STUFF!! jackie-chan-meme.png&w=320&h=160&ei=ewiQUJ-rKpCThgfnl4CIAg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=97&sig=101606260032174964369&page=1&tbnh=122&tbnw=234&start=0&ndsp=27&ved=1t:429,i:69&tx=109&ty=71

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

grrr...i linked my bank account..but to actually transfer funds from there into PayPal, you need a card reader!!...

If you cannot wait for a card reader to arrive, you could lodge/transfer in an actual branch..

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

I think it takes a few working days to show up in your Paypal account if you do a bank transfer. If you do it today it probably won't show up until next Monday:(

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

got the card reader today..took just 2 days, not too bad i suppose..
    Now to wait for the transfer to go through to PayPal....and then order my stuff...
    God it'll be next Friday at least before I have it...
    Methinks it'd just be easier to go over to England and actually collect the stuff...
    Anyways thanks for all ye're help guys:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Please help its urgent!

If the Maestro logo is on the rear of the card then it is not usable online as Maestro.

Advertisement