Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with gas heater

Options
  • 30-10-2012 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

HI. We have a fiat Ducato camper van 2.5 diesel 1991 and am having trouble getting the gas heater to work. it was fine last year when we toured France through january but since have not yet needed the heat. been trying to get it going all this week without any luck. the pilot light comes on no problem but it will not fully ignite. Does anyone have an idea of what might be preventing it from fully kicking in.Thanks for any advice offered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

HI. We have a fiat Ducato camper van 2.5 diesel 1991 and am having trouble getting the gas heater to work. it was fine last year when we toured France through january but since have not yet needed the heat. been trying to get it going all this week without any luck. the pilot light comes on no problem but it will not fully ignite. Does anyone have an idea of what might be preventing it from fully kicking in.Thanks for any advice offered.
    Might just need to be serviced and the thermocouple checked. Are you using butane?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 charliebunny

Hi Aidan
    thanks for getting back to me. Our bottles are Propane and can you do the service yourself or do you need to get a service mechanic to take a look at it. If so who do this type of work.
    thanks for any advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Hi Aidan
    thanks for getting back to me. Our bottles are Propane and can you do the service yourself or do you need to get a service mechanic to take a look at it. If so who do this type of work.
    thanks for any advice.
    Okay prob not too badly carboned up with propane. As long as the pressure is right.
    I do that kinda work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 charliebunny

hey Aidan just pm'ed my number so you can ring and we can try and figure out a solution cheers

Advertisement