Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many players will dive next weekend?

• 30-10-2012 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

How many players will dive next weekend and how many bookings will ref's give out for diving?

Will they support and should they support Mark Clattenburg by booking players who go over easy.

I think there will be a big clamp down for the next few weeks and lots of yellow cards.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Is this a last man standing kind of thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Four dives, one booking is my guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

all man united players that play. nobody else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

You never know maybe paddy power will do it. But with all the fuss made so far this season about diving players and when a ref ends up sending off a player and all hell breaks out over it. Maybe it's time to for the ref's to take no **** for a few weeks and book anyone who looks like they have gone down to easy even if they are wrong after a couple of weeks of doing this and players getting bans maybe just maybe it will stop players falling to easy.

Hopefully Suarez does a few more diving celebrations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

On MOTD when Phil Neville dived, the commentator made a bit of an issue of it, it seems the commentators don't want players punished, they want certain players punished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

EdenHazard wrote: »
    On MOTD when Phil Neville died, the commentator made a bit of an issue of it, it seems the commentators don't want players punished, they want certain players punished.

If he died I'm pretty sure they would make an issue of it.

kensutz wrote: »
    If he died I'm pretty sure they would make an issue of it.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

On MOTD when Phil Neville dived, the commentator made a bit of an issue of it, it seems the commentators don't want players punished, they want certain players punished.

Didn't they just say that he was the last player you'd expect to dive?

Fair enough comment, can you honestly say you're surprised when you see the likes of Suarez, Young or Bale taking a fall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

To me the tone suggested, look at the refs booking the true Englishman Phil Neville while the true cheaters like Suarez are let away with it. The commentator didn't condemn it and nothing was mentioned about the dive, even though diving is very much a hot topic atm especially in that match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

To me the tone suggested, look at the refs booking the true Englishman Phil Neville while the true cheaters like Suarez are let away with it. The commentator didn't condemn it and nothing was mentioned about the dive, even though diving is very much a hot topic atm especially in that match.

Are you saying that the commentator was rascist? :eek:

There are plenty of English/British players that dive, Young, Bale, Wellback, Neville :) but yet diving seems to some managers and commentators seems to be defined by Luis Suarez, a foreigner, suprise, suprise, (He is a rascist as well don't you know)

The most pertinant comment was made by Tony Cascarino a few weeks ago on the Last Word, when he explained away in some part, Suarez's comment to Evra as coming from a player from a third world country who knew no better !!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

People need to learn the difference between Xenophobia and Racism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Serious lack of a poll. Anyway, I vote 5. Just to 1-up SaulGoode9....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Not a single one, they will all behave properly :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

People need to learn the difference between Xenophobia and Racism.

It's too hard to spell xneo.....xneofob....xenofo
    .....it's easier to spell racism

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Most of the Keepers I expect anyway.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement