Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem registering for My Eircom

Options
  • 30-10-2012 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

I recently switched back to Eircom and have tried to register as a new member, but the email address I used was registered with Eircom some years back.
    I receive the following message:

"This username (e-mail address) already exists. Please make sure you are entering your e-mail address. If you have entered your e-mail address, you may have registered with www.eircom.ie previously. If you have forgotten your password, please enter your e-mail address in the username field, in the left-hand navigation menu then click \"Forgotten password\". By answering a security question you will then be able to reset your password and log-in to our site.."

When I click on Forgot Password, I get this:

"Forgotten Your Password?

Sorry there seems to be a problem.

We don't have this email address on record. You can check what email address you registered with by selecting the forgotten email address link."

Can any Eircom reps look into this please if I PM my details?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I recently switched back to Eircom and have tried to register as a new member, but the email address I used was registered with Eircom some years back.
    I receive the following message:

"This username (e-mail address) already exists. Please make sure you are entering your e-mail address. If you have entered your e-mail address, you may have registered with www.eircom.ie previously. If you have forgotten your password, please enter your e-mail address in the username field, in the left-hand navigation menu then click \"Forgotten password\". By answering a security question you will then be able to reset your password and log-in to our site.."

When I click on Forgot Password, I get this:

"Forgotten Your Password?

We don't have this email address on record. You can check what email address you registered with by selecting the forgotten email address link."

Can any Eircom reps look into this please if I PM my details?

Thanks

Hi Neil_Sedaka

At this moment in time there still seems to be an issue with "my eircom" and specifically logging in to this service. We are fully aware of the issue and as soon as we have an update we shall let you know.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sideshowsue

I'm having a similar issue. I'd like to pay my eircom bill online, but every time I try to log in (and I'm using the very same details I've been using for the better part of 10 years), it's giving me the following error message:

Please check you have entered the correct email address (the one you used when you registered for My eircom) and the correct password.
    Return to login page

I've tried with different browsers and it's the same. BTW, my eircom email address and password are fine and functioning from the point of view of sending/receiving emails.

Is this going to be resolved soon?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

sideshow wrote: »
    I'm having a similar issue. I'd like to pay my eircom bill online, but every time I try to log in (and I'm using the very same details I've been using for the better part of 10 years), it's giving me the following error message:

Please check you have entered the correct email address (the one you used when you registered for My eircom) and the correct password.
    Return to login page

I've tried with different browsers and it's the same. BTW, my eircom email address and password are fine and functioning from the point of view of sending/receiving emails.

Is this going to be resolved soon?

Thanks.

Hi sideshow,

The issue is still being worked on we hope to have an update soon.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭LifeBeginsAt40

This is the email I received today. Indeed there is an issue with the My Eircom website. Has been like this since last Saturday.
    I first made Eircom aware of it last weekend but due to the Bank Holiday Monday it obviously hasn't been escalated much.

The frustrating thing is, Eircom IT department just kept sending me new passwords. I'm not so thick that I can't actually reset a password myself via their website.

So when today they finally acknowledged it was THEIR problem I just rolled my eyes and said...."yep....we ALL knew that."
    We regret that due to a technical fault on the My eircom site we are
    currently unable to reset passwords. The matter is at present being
    investigated by our IT department.

We thank you for your patience at this time.

Please accept my apology of behalf of eircom for the inconvenience this
    may cause you.

Kind regards,
    C

Advertisement