Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of America have my money, and AIB said nothing can be done

Options
  • 30-10-2012 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Hey all,

Strange title but this is exactly what has happened. Got a forex draft for $600 from the US issued though XE.com, but written by BAC Germany.

Brought it into my local AIB branch, and they said need to send to BAC Germany for payment, and it would take 2 weeks.

8 weeks later nothing, AIB say BAC have not paid and are ignoring any followups. They said it's prob just sitting on someones desk, not important enough to be dealt with but essentially they have have my money. They said this is not the first time this has happened but had no solution besides suing them, or trying to get the sender to claw it back.

Surely, they cannot be simply allowed to take my money like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions - allegations removed too

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

You have to put it back on AIB, its not that your draft is on a desk somewhere and its not important enough.

AIB should see it as one of their customers drafts is on a desk somewhere and need to sort it out.

You on your own can't do anything.

Advertisement