Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denis??

• 30-10-2012 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone see this big sign just before the turn off for caherdavin on the dual carriage way coming from Shannon. It's on the front wall of the entrance to a house I think. It's bugging me a while.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

niallo27 wrote: »
    Anyone see this big sign just before the turn off for caherdavin on the dual carriage way coming from Shannon. It's on the front wall of the entrance to a house I think. It's bugging me a while.

Yep, short of knocking on their door I just don't know.

I was half expecting to see other signs along the road saying

"Denis"
    "Will"
    "You"
    "Marry"
    "Me?"

It's now getting like the sign in Oranmore in Galway which has a picture of Jesus saying "Jesus, I trust in you". The more you see it the less you see it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Yeah I have seen that big red sign with Denis ??? - am surprised no smart arse has changed the D to a P yet. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

angeleyes wrote: »
    Yeah I have seen that big red sign with Denis ??? - am surprised no smart arse has changed the D to a P yet. :)

First item on tomorrows to-do list lol :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

gregers85 wrote: »
    First item on tomorrows to-do list lol :p

:):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Was wondering about it myself, house is a b&b run by an older lady.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

My aunt is her neighbour. Must ask has she any idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Theres a big red "Jesus" on a sign out the N69, either after Mungret or Clarina can't remember which...right hand side.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

MarkR wrote: »
    My aunt is her neighbour. Must ask has she any idea.

Do will you please, it's bugging me and a few others. I don't know why but I have to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Theres a big red "Jesus" on a sign out the N69, either after Mungret or Clarina can't remember which...right hand side.

Everytime i drive past with anyone i scream JESUS! And they freak and go 'WHAT' and i say calmly a sign that says Jesus.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

phill106 wrote: »
    Was wondering about it myself, house is a b&b run by an older lady.

Maybe Denis is a guest who's coming and needs directions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Stab*City wrote: »
    Everytime i drive past with anyone i scream JESUS! And they freak and go 'WHAT' and i say calmly a sign that says Jesus.. :D

That's right. It says "Jesus loves you" on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

300px-Buddy_christ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Stab*City wrote: »

I find myself screaming "Jesus!" like one of those American preacher lunatics :pac:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I have an update. Though I don't understand it. Sign should read "Denise" as it's supposed to be supporting someone named denise who was nominated for something for some charity stuff. Getting it third hand, so maybe something got lost in the transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭Cartman78

MarkR wrote: »
    I have an update. Though I don't understand it. Sign should read "Denise" as it's supposed to be supporting someone named denise who was nominated for something for some charity stuff. Getting it third hand, so maybe something got lost in the transfer.

Have been wondering about that sign for a while as well - the above update is bemusing and yet, strangely, makes it even more intriguing.

Why would someone go to all that effort of making a sign and then get the name arseways and give no context at all as to what the fupp they're trying to communicate?

Agree with earlier posts too - that 'D' needs to change to a 'P' asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Have been wondering about that sign for a while as well - the above update is bemusing and yet, strangely, makes it even more intriguing.

Why would someone go to all that effort of making a sign and then get the name arseways and give no context at all as to what the fupp they're trying to communicate?

Agree with earlier posts too - that 'D' needs to change to a 'P' asap.

Ya there's something of a John 3:7 about it alright.

Advertisement