Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jewellery / Ring Repair

• 30-10-2012 7:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭

I have an engagement ring which needs fixing.

JWH in the Crescent gave me a quote but I'm not happy with their opinion(very vague and very expensive) and want another opinion.

I have contacted Gleeson Goldsmiths in Shannon so I will see what they say but in the meantime(won't get ring back till next week) does anybody have a suggestion from experience where they have used?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭mackes

Topaz are great - will give you a detailed quote up front and they did a great job for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

I have used the goldsmith in foxes bow - excellent job and very reasonable - i cannot for the life remember his name. but if you go up foxes bow there is a little street off it and he is in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Munstermissy

Gleeson in Ballycasey Shannon are excellent and very reasonable. Their workshop is on site and they do all their own repairs. They are not out to fleece you on price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

+1 for Topaz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

My wife is a trained goldsmith (sadly not working in the field right now) and recommends Topaz very highly.

http://www.goldenpages.ie/topaz-jewellers-limerick-city/

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭newbie2012!

Another +1 for topaz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Another +1 for topaz!

First ever post? Work for Topaz? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭newbie2012!

Beer Baron wrote: »
    First ever post? Work for Topaz? ;)

Nope, but cheers for the welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I got a ring fixed in Topaz and I have to say I'm not impressed. A stone was re-set and a new piece of gold was put on to hold the stone. It wasn't a great job and the replacement piece of gold catches on clothes as it is rougher than the others.

I was happy with the price I paid for the work and the ring looks fine, I'm very concious of the new piece of gold and if I run a finger across the ring I can feel the difference in the quality of the original workmanship and the work that was done repairing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

There is place on thomas street, the entrance is near the still house, it is two or three floors up, and they are great, they used to have a place just off foxes bow, sorry I cant remeber the exact name but they are proper craftsmen, wele worth seeking out, pm me tomorrow(have had pints tonight) to remind me and |I will get you the name of the guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Birdie086 wrote: »
    There is place on thomas street, the entrance is near the still house, it is two or three floors up, and they are great, they used to have a place just off foxes bow, sorry I cant remeber the exact name but they are proper craftsmen, wele worth seeking out, pm me tomorrow(have had pints tonight) to remind me and |I will get you the name of the guy.

His name is O'Donnell I think

Advertisement