Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA V release date guesses (spring 2013 update)

• 25-07-2012 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭

As suggest in the other thread, best to keep news and speculation of this game separate.

Above is a poll with ideas of between which months V will be released. Probably best to start it from November as far as September 13.

Release date guesses 9 votes

September 17th
    0%
    Not September 17th
    100%
    JulezNailzciano1Nuri SahinPennWashington IrvingMister JinglesLiamalonePeanut Butter Jelly 9 votes

Comments

Although I think a March 13 release would be likely (well, February, as I think march is when TakeTwo's year actually ends?), I do have a funny feeling that the game will be a shock release and will be out in 2012 with about a fortnight's notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Although I think a March 13 release would be likely (well, February, as I think march is when TakeTwo's year actually ends?), I do have a funny feeling that the game will be a shock release and will be out in 2012 with about a fortnight's notice.
    Fortnights notice would be really irresponsible. There would be mass hysteria around the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Not September 17th
    Wasn't expecting any votes at all for a pre new years release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

TakeTwo's projected revenue for the year is so high that V must be on the books for sometime between now and March/April.

Considering the amount of promos they had for IV, I'm expecting a fairly big run up to the release. With that in mind, I don't think we'll see it in 2012.

My guess is March/April 2013.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

All the hint's from Rockstar are leading to this date Friday 24th May 2013.
    In the trailer there is a scene with for sale sign with number 24 05

2405.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Not gonna bother voting, i literally have no idea when the fúck it's gonna come out. I'm hoping it comes out before christmas because i have my leaving this year and I'm gonna try and be a good boy an actually study so gaming is gonna have to take the backseat towards the middle of the year.

Not September 17th
    All the hint's from Rockstar are leading to this date Friday 24th May 2013.
    In the trailer there is a scene with for sale sign with number 24 05

Remember loads saying when the trailer came out that 24/05/12 would be the date, never thought we'd be guessing it might be 2013 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Remember loads saying when the trailer came out that 24/05/12 would be the date, never thought we'd be guessing it might be 2013 :pac:

Yeah that last 8 months flew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Last 3 years, they've released a game in May (RDR,LA Noire and Max Payne 3), so going to assume it'll be next May

Not September 17th
    Safe to say that this is probably one of the biggest built ups to a game ever to date and most secretive at the same time. It better be worth the wait !

• Advertisement

Not September 17th
    Wedbush Morgan’s Michael Pachter has said his company expects Grand Theft Auto V’s release date to be announced by November at the latest.

Speaking in a report published today, the outspoken analyst believes we may see a date announced at Gamescom, and reckons it is inconceivable publisher Take-Two can achieve its second-half targets without the aid of GTA V.

“We expect a GTA V release date announcement by as late as November,” he said. “There was no such announcement at E3, making a pre-holiday release less likely (but still possible). An announcement at Gamescom in August remains a possibility.”

“We expect solid contribution from Borderlands 2 and BioShock: Infinite,” he added, “and believe that these games plus this year’s NBA 2K instalment could combine to deliver profits close to the last GTA.”

“However, it is inconceivable that Take-Two could generate profits at twice the rate without significantly higher sales, and these sales could only come from the launch of GTA V.”

Pachter observed that a pre-holiday launch for the open-world crime sequel is on the cards providing a launch date is announced this month.

Furthermore, he expects a late October launch window for the title, observing that past GTA titles have traditionally hit retail shelves in time for Halloween, bar GTA IV due to technical hiccups.

"If such an announcement were to occur [at Gamescom], we continue to believe that Tuesday, October 23 or Tuesday, October 30 are realistic dates for GTA's release," he said.

"Many of the game's predecessors had late-October release dates, while GTA 4 was unexpectedly delayed out of an October release due to technical difficulties with the PS3 version. The recent delay of BioShock Infinite's release date from October 2012 to February 2013 strengthens our belief in a fall release for GTA, as Take-Two would likely want to avoid releasing two such important games in close proximity, potentially impairing the spending ability of some gamers."

“It appears that Take-Two’s weak share price reflects the lack of investor confidence that the game will come out this year, or even in the foreseeable future,” Pachter concluded.

GTA V was announced in November 2011 via a brief teaser trailer, though aside from a couple of screenshots we’ve seen nothing on the game since. Rockstar has kept mum on the subject of a release date, though Take-Two did note during it latest financial report that the game is “making substantial progress.”

Stay tuned for more details on the game at PSU.com as we get them.

http://www.psu.com/a016366/Pachter--GTA-V-release-date-announcement-by-November-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

I've noticed a few online shopping places are claiming a late November release date. Is anyone feeling really optimistic and already pre-ordered?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

guttenberg wrote: »
    I've noticed a few online shopping places are claiming a late November release date. Is anyone feeling really optimistic and already pre-ordered?:pac:

I don't think there's even a remote chance of it being November tbh. That's only 3 months away, and we haven't seen anything substantial of the game yet - no demos, no previews, only one teaser trailer, only two screenshots - to suggest that it's anywhere near ready for release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I think 3 months is plenty of time. GTA is not the kind of game that needs to hyped for a year. Not convinced it will come out this year at all, but it's not out of the question.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

i dont see it coming out till mid to late next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Word on the street it will be March! @Vgd100 on twitter told me, he reviews games and is always spot on with news he gets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I don't think there's even a remote chance of it being November tbh. That's only 3 months away, and we haven't seen anything substantial of the game yet - no demos, no previews, only one teaser trailer, only two screenshots - to suggest that it's anywhere near ready for release.

This is a GTA game. They don't need to drip-feed that stuff to us. It'll fly off the shelves regardless.

No one knew anything of the game at all prior to the trailer last November but it was clear that the game was at least a couple of years into development at that stage. They could certainly have a near-completed game at this stage.

Or not. No one knows. If I was a betting man though I'd go for a late-2012 release.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think if they're smart it will be in a month when they're not releasing any other games cause tbh, they're only shooting themselves badly in the foot :)

November 2nd is a Friday... Hmmm.

CMpunked wrote: »

Why the 2nd specifically?

• Advertisement

face1990 wrote: »
    Why the 2nd specifically?

Would be exactly a year since the first trailer right?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭euddue

Rockstar don't need a big marketing campaign for this game,3 months is more than enough for a release.They could release it tomorrow and it would still clear shelves in an hour.For all we know copies may be getting pressed RIGHT NOW!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Damn it! I'm going on hols the day after! Anyway, it probably won't be released to PC until a few months afterwards.

Edit: I'm wrong, for GTA IV all three platforms released on the same day.

Not September 17th
    I have a feeling as well now that we could possibly see this being released this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

7th January 2013.

tdv123 wrote: »
    7th January 2013.

Source??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

tdv123 wrote: »
    7th January 2013.
    Source??
    He's trolling, still no news on release.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

February 13th 2013.

Someone in the conference said
    February 13, 2013. Grand Theft Auto V is in full development and have released screen shots. Rockstar and TakeTwo have one of the best animation teams....
    BioShock is going to be released February 26, 2013 so hrm. Maybe?

the_syco wrote: »
    February 13th 2013.

Someone in the conference said

Which conference? Do you have link/source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Which conference? Do you have link/source?
    T'was the Take-Two Interactive Software Inc's 2012 Annual Shareholder Meeting. Sorry, no link, but have been trying to get a copy of the webcast. Unsure if this happened in the Q&A or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

April 28th according to this: http://www.examiner.com/article/gta-5-release-date-grand-theft-auto-v-maker-rockstar-mentioned-by-avalanche

I wouldn't bet much on any of these dates being accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Well, it's not going to be released on a Monday anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Don't xtra-vision always make up some kind of release date for big games though?

Seems a good marketing ploy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Not September 17th
    Pre summer 2014!

• Advertisement

Not September 17th
    And the majority have won :D

Maybe a mod could add a new poll to the thread with the first five months of 2013 as the options?

Maybe a mod could add a new poll to the thread with the first five months of 2013 as the options?

Yup. It should be noted that the poll will close on the 22nd of march. Just sayin... ;)

Can everyone vote on that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,320 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Not September 17th
    I can. I'm betting April. Hoping March, but betting April

• Advertisement

Not September 17th
    Can everyone vote on that?

Nope, Comes up as April - 1 and March - 1.

When you click on the numbers you can see everyone who voted previously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

I voted for March.

They've announced it now, I doubt they'll wait 6 months to release it.
    I presume they've learned their lesson after the GTA4 release.

I wonder will there be a demo released around February?

Nope, can't vote. Maybe it blocks you if you voted in the previous one?

Can't vote either. It says I've already voted.

No problemo, i'll create a new thread and just morph this thread into it.

Give this a go.

Nice one. :)

Went for March, more out of hope than anything else. Think it'll either be late March or mid April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Nice one. :)

Went for March, more out of hope than anything else. Think it'll either be late March or mid April.

Same. Voted March but expect April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Not September 17th
    Penn wrote: »
    I can. I'm betting April. Hoping March, but betting April

Voted April. Hoping tomorrow, but betting April

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

I think it will be April. GTA IV released in April and it is the start of Take Twos fiscal year 2013 so they will want to maximise the sales numbers they can include in their results. Bioshock infinite is out in Feb and they will want to space the releases out a few months.

• Advertisement
Advertisement