Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Natural Selection 2

• 30-10-2012 7:40pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any interested in this?
    I played the mod for half life what seems like a lifetime ago and loved it.
    Release is tonight apparently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

It looks fantastic, takes the best elements from strategy games with a mix of dota esque competitiveness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Yes Yes Yes. I've been literally counting the days until general release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Very very tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Can gift this to someone if they want, for free.
    First reply with steam ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    Can gift this to someone if they want, for free.
    First reply with steam ID.

Would actually love it. Really wanted to pick it up but I'm broke right now!

Account : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197977575297/

Will owe you BIG TIME if you can hook me up!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

I've added you on steam, need you to be my friend to gift. Once you accept I can send it to you :)

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    I've added you on steam, need you to be my friend to gift. Once you accept I can send it to you :)

Ok mate accepted the request there. Absolute legend for this, thanks again! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Very generous Dave, I'm just sorry I didn't get in there first :)

I'm checking out videos of this on youtube, I will probably buy it soon.

Apparently almost 5k people playing this right now. Very good going for an indie game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Just bought it, watched the TB vids on it and it looked very interesting :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Random question but is there anyway of seeing a server list without buying the game? I'm interested in NS but I'm in Oz so FPS games with servers based in EU or US are essentially unplayable. No point spending cash on something I can't play.

I just had a look in game, there are 8 official Australian servers. Other people will probably set up non official server in your region also :)

tuxy wrote: »
    I just had a look in game, there are 8 official Australian servers. Other people will probably set up non official server in your region also :)

Awesome, thanks very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭Wossack

geez, I'd almost forgotten about this... not played the original (of which I was a big fan) in years and years. Will be picking it up at some stage - once I clear some backlog :o

Played one game last night which lasted an hour. Really fun, very tense. Bit confusing at first but once you have a good commander you should be ok :)

After a busy day I somehow completely forgot about this. Can't wait till this download is finished

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

NS itself was a load of fun back in the day, online or through LAN. If this version can recreate that, then I may have to pick it up in the near future :)

Used to love playing as a Fade, blinking in, slicing up and blinking out :D

How do I actually join a game? Nothing is appearing in the browser and Quick Game is searching indefinitely it seems.

Nevermind, had to edit firewall settings

Grimebox wrote: »
    How do I actually join a game? Nothing is appearing in the browser and Quick Game is searching indefinitely it seems.

Steam servers were down for a bit but they are back now.

Anyone have any favorite servers? Still at lost as to what to do as Khara

Grimebox wrote: »

Server browser was working fine for me earlier!

Game is excellent. So well put together and plays great although there was a massive difference in how well it ran between servers so I would advise playing on a stable server with 100% performance.

One massive problem with the game right now is people don't have a clue what to do. The game is pretty intense and requires ALOT of teamwork to get anywhere and the majority of games I played today went nowhere as people were running around aimlessly. Also a knowledgeable commander is a must. All this will improve over the next few days though and I can really see it being fantastic playing with two well organised teams.

• Advertisement

Maybe we should get a boards group going for it on steam?

Is the CO game mode taken out?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

I get a crash everytime on startup and I've verified files. Hope they o through the crash logs and patch soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

Yah mine has been crashing all day, apparently they're working hard on a fix which should be out later today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Crashing pretty much every game for me too.

It's been flawless for me.

Had one "red disconnect" so far. Apparently the developers are aware of this issue, or I just got disconnected. I love the somewhat live updates along the bottom of the screen.

I'm slightly disappointed with this game to be honest. A classic case of hyping something up to an unrealistic degree. I was just a little underwhelmed when I first played. Its seemingly identical to the original, thats not a bad thing however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Stev_o wrote: »
    Maybe we should get a boards group going for it on steam?

I agree, I nominate you Stev_o to make the board NS2 group :):cool:

ANyone having performance issues... ahem..

My pc runs BF3 reasonably well pretty much maxed but NS is giving me some headaches.. Is there any known settings causing trouble? (I'm surprised cos it's the source engine... There shouldn't be issues)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

ANyone having performance issues... ahem..

My pc runs BF3 reasonably well pretty much maxed but NS is giving me some headaches.. Is there any known settings causing trouble? (I'm surprised cos it's the source engine... There shouldn't be issues)

Its their own engine they wrote from scratch, apparently its very processor heavy. Things should get faster over time with more patches, but you might have to fiddle with the details a bit.

Advertisement