Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need email help

Options
  • 30-10-2012 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

my hotmail account is going to be deactivated soon against my will as i have left college. I've opened a Gmail account but all my email contacts and the likes will soon be deleted. whats the easiest way to switch email addresses entirely?
    any help would be great
    Liam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Hotmail don't close accounts when you leave college. What's going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I assume the OP's college uses outlook or hotmail for their studentmail accounts, UL's studentmail accounts are all handled by Windows Live Mail for example. I think it's more a case that the OP will just no longer be provided with a student address by his Uni as opposed to hotmail closing the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

l.warden wrote: »
    my hotmail account is going to be deactivated soon against my will as i have left college. I've opened a Gmail account but all my email contacts and the likes will soon be deleted. whats the easiest way to switch email addresses entirely?
    any help would be great
    Liam

Possible solution:
    step:1 ~ If you still have access, just copy and paste the e-mail contacts in to a new e-mail and address that e-mail it to yourself to an account you will have more access to in future.
    Switching e-mail addresses doesn't work like one would prefer. If you have a new e-mail account set up with Gmail, use that e-mail address to do step 1 above.

While you still have access to that e-mail account,
    step:2 ~ forward any and all important e-mails from that account which you say you will lose access to, onto your new e-mail Gmail account so you'll still have copies of those e-mails.

Hope that assists you in some way,
    kerry4sam :)

Advertisement