Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring from one xbox live account to another

Options
  • 30-10-2012 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

Here's my problem:

I have two xbox live accounts

Account 1 has lots of points and a recent gold subscription.
    Account 2 has 0 points and does not have a gold subscription.

Account 2's email address is used as my live id on my Windows Phone.
    Installed smartglass on my phone and it works excellently with Account 2 - But I want to use it with Account 1 as that has the gold subscription which allows my to use IE, etc

What I really want to do is simply move the points and subscription from Account 1 to Account 2 but Xbox support says that I can't do this - I can't change the phone set up due to work reasons.

Are there other options here?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Stemanic

No, you can't move points or Xbox live subscriptions between Xbox accounts. But I'm confused as to why you cannot set up your phone with you Accoint 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Account 1 on the phone is my 'real' live ID and is associated with all of my paid apps, credit card on the marketplace, etc.
    The only way to remove Account 1 from the phone is to restore it to factory defaults and reinstall everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

I'm in the same boat. What you need to do is set up a temp/dummy hotmail account, associate Account 2 with that, then associate Account 1 with the address you want.

However...

When I tried to associate my Account 2 with the temp hotmail address I set up, I was told you can't do this within the first 30 days of setting up the Hotmail address. Major PITA, but at least near the end of November I'll be able to change the associated email address on my Account 1 (which has my points and Gold Live subscription).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Thanks Tom,
    I might give this a shot too!

Donut

Advertisement