Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCNP lab and training

Options
  • 30-10-2012 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Looking to set up a home lab for CCNP. Just looking for a few pointers from a few of the network guys here.

At the moment I have 1x 3750E- and 3x 3560e Cisco switches. I have scanned through the requirements of CCNP and the features of the 3 switches above. Is there any element of the CCNP that this setup won't be able to simulate.

In particular I want to study private VLANs as this is an element of networking that I have yet to have any hands on. Has anyone got resources on private VLAN?

Also looking to see if there are any like minded people who are studying CCNP, it would be nice to have someone to bounce ideas off. There are no network techs in my company, so don't want this to be a solo run :)

Cheers,
    Nabber

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Hi Nabber,

This setup will cover everything on the R&S track. You'll want to through in a couple of routers of course.
    What I have done is built a lab with 4 physical switches and one desktop PC with 3 x Quad Nic Cards to simulate a topology.

Lets not complicate things yet though - do you have any routers available to you?

Private vlans - start here -
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_55_se/configuration/guide/swpvlan.html
    I believe there should be a good amount of detail available on this in the "SWITCH" exam guide for the CCNP track.

If you want to bounce ideas/questions around, feel free to PM me your GTalk address.

Cheers,

iRock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Thanks iRock. I'll hit you up with a few Qs when I get my lab up and running.

Advertisement