Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Break in service = new entrant question

• 30-10-2012 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭

Many years ago, when the salary changes were introduced in 1995, the rule was that a break of service of six months or more changed a teacher over to the post 1995 salary scheme.

Is this time frame of six months still correct, for those who hold pre-2011 rights and who do not want to become post 2011 'new entrants' in terms of salary, allowances and pensions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

It may have been more useful for you to await the answer to this question before answering threads talking about it as if you know the answer?

All I can say is that I missed a year and still went on the old pay scales. However that was two years ago now so perhaps it has changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

From what I understand, it does not affect payscales but a six month break in service does affect pension.

Advertisement