Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Capital Cup Last 16 - Reading vs Arsenal 19:45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Not a bad game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I'm watching Mythbusters now. That means Arsenal will start banging them in :pac:

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

That was completely and utterly ridiculous!

An interesting thing to come out of this is whether or not Walcott will be awarded the 4th goal. If he is given it by the 'dubious goals committee' than could that be argued as using goal line technology?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Pity Reading missed that conversion. Arsenal's converted try is what won it for them in the end.
    I've actually seen rugby games with lower scorelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

eagle eye wrote: »
    Great game, gotta feel sorry for Reading who showed great determination to get back into it in extra time.

Why was Wenger pissed when Chamakh scored right at the end there?

He was pissed coz MArtinez booted the ball straight back to Reading after that take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

eagle eye wrote: »
    Great game, gotta feel sorry for Reading who showed great determination to get back into it in extra time.

Why was Wenger pissed when Chamakh scored right at the end there?

He was pissed at their keeper booting it downfield so quickly, minute later Chamakh scored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,450 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I hope young Meade keeps a scrap-book.
    That was some game to make your debut in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

rarnes1 wrote: »

The molesting song probably?

EDIT Arsenal score !!
    It was to the tune of his "scores when he wants" one ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Championship Manager style stuff. Brilliant to watch

heart the League Cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

well that was boring

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I haven't had that much fun watching a match in quite a while. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭DenMan

As Miley would say! WELL HOLY GOD!!! 5-7. Well done Arsenal!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I deserve an assist for that..

8ddafba490f483ba9ce7b41cfce9a4c7.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Over 11.5 goals = printing money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Over 12.5 goals = printing money!

0bb69f87_954-not-sure-if-serious.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Ha, your ninja edit was too slow! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

missed the game...was it good? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭-gilly-09-

Fair play Theo gets an awful lot of abuse, some warranted but he was fairly quality tonight as was Giroud. Mental game, so glad I left it on a 4-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

That was like a game of ball down the field with your mates. Bonkers stuff.

An interesting thing to come out of this is whether or not Walcott will be awarded the 4th goal. If he is given it by the 'dubious goals committee' than could that be argued as using goal line technology?

Surely Walcott will not be awarded the goal as it was not given for his shot :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

markie29 wrote: »
    missed the game...was it good? :)

Was rubbish game.;)

cambo2008 wrote: »
    It was to the tune of his "scores when he wants" one ??

Ah right, didn't hear it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Jenks looks like he's been crying -

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Funny stuff with Theo and Jenkinson there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I stuck with Wigan v Bradford and no-one is going to tell me I made the wrong decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The Arsenal supporters singing at 4-0 down really deserved that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

greendom wrote: »
    That was super, love the away support. And the other lad strolling out getting death stairs from the rest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,450 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

greendom wrote: »

That and returning the two shirts was praiseworthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Surely Walcott will not be awarded the goal as it was not given for his shot :confused:

Aye that's what I thought but previously the commentators kept going on about how Walcott was going to get it for the hat trick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,258 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

anyone figured out where the extra 90s came from yet?

Aye that's what I thought but previously the commentators kept going on about how Walcott was going to get it for the hat trick.
    The ref looked like he blew before Jenkinson finished

GreeBo wrote: »
    30 4 the sub, 3/4 stoppages and the 4 held up was a minimum of 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

keano_afc wrote: »
    That was like a game of ball down the field with your mates. Bonkers stuff.

Should have taken up the goalposts and have jumpers for goalposts instead :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Time wasting from a throw in the corner and Reading sub would make up most of it I'd imagine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Something about Reading and massive scorelines. They've lost 7-4 and 6-4 to Portsmouth and Spurs respectively in recent times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I genuinely feel sorry for Brian McDermott. Tough break against his former club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Soups123 wrote: »

Yeah I thought the ref had the whistle in the mouth before Jenkinson got near it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Reading subs and stoppages. Tis a minimum of 4 minutes anyways, he can blow it up whenever he wants. Plus I find when teams Shepard the ball into the corner, as legit as it is, they tend to extend the injury time a little bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

seklly wrote: »
    Yeah I thought the ref had the whistle in the mouth before Jenkinson got near it

Instead of going by the stopwatch he went by waiting until the chance unfolded which is really quite disgraceful - it's not a game of fifa on the PS3, you go by the clock, no way should it have gone to 96 minutes, on top of that he should have sent off Kocielny and given Reading a penalty so it's another case of the big side getting all the calls

having said all that, Reading are a woeful side defensively and are every bit as bad as the refereeing decisions, it was an exciting game with two poor quality sides, it's the Carling cup at the end of the day and neither of these sides were ever likely to win it so i think it's a lot of fuss about nothing at the end of the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

donfers wrote: »
    it's the Carling cup at the end of the day and neither of these sides were ever likely to win it so i think it's a lot of fuss about nothing at the end of the day

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Instead of going by the stopwatch he went by waiting until the chance unfolded which is really quite disgraceful - it's not a game of fifa on the PS3, you go by the clock, no way should it have gone to 96 minutes, on top of that he should have sent off Kocielny and given Reading a penalty so it's another case of the big side getting all the calls

Refs are discouraged by FIFA from blowing for full time mid-chance, they rarely if ever blow up when a cross is coming in or a ball is in the middle of a penalty box melee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

having said all that, Reading are a woeful side defensively and are every bit as bad as the refereeing decisions, it was an exciting game with two poor quality sides, it's the Carling cup at the end of the day and neither of these sides were ever likely to win it so i think it's a lot of fuss about nothing at the end of the day

That is top quality WUM-ing right there. A lot of amateurs would want to take note.

WP don boy. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

Arsenal are a poor side? How many 'good' teams are there in England then? Two or three?

A tad disappointed, what about what should have been an Arsenal peno and red card.

Reading were 4 up, they'll hardly blame 1.5 minutes extra time for losing this one!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Barlett wrote: »
    Arsenal are a poor side? How many 'good' teams are there in England then? Two or three?

I think arsenal are a good side but THAT side that played Reading has no chance of winning the trophy, that was basically their reserve side, that's why I side low quality

The ref certainly had his whistle in his mouth when Jenkinson shoots. Could be to give the Walcott goal or to blow full time?

p1120158.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Soups123 wrote: »

Duuuuurty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

This result isn't showing up on Aertel, presumably they ran out of space :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Could also have been to give a peno and red card to the reading defender. No way was it for full time though.

Advertisement