Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

Enron wasn't in Water for Elephants, that was Robert Pattenson.

I really like Efron as an actor, he's charming, charasmatic and is actually a damn fine actor whose not taking the easy part but going after interesting roles. Could easily see him as a young Han Solo.

Oh really?

You're right - got him mixed up, but regardless he was wonderful in Me & Orson Welles. He would make an excellent young Han Solo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Shia LaBeouf in talks to star as the son of Luke Skywalker.

http://collider.com/shia-labeouf-in-talks-for--episode-7/210108/

j/k :pac:
    ****er. tongue.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Please for the love of all that is holy, say it ain't so!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

My heart actually stopped there. LaBoeuf is an awful awful actor.

Hopefully they find unknowns or relatively unknown actors for this. If it's ex members of the Mickey mouse club or teen slebs it'll go badly for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Tbh, I can't see Disney spending a fortune on this, so I'd be surprised if any of the leading cast were big name/salary actors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

pixelburp wrote: »
    Tbh, I can't see Disney spending a fortune on this, so I'd be surprised if any of the leading cast were big name/salary actors

they'll probably have a cast of unknowns or low profile actors for main roles with some established names ala Guinness and Cushing like in ANH for audiences to recognise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Pirates of the Caribbean in space is exactly what that steaming heap of f*cking ****e will be!

Dermighty wrote: »
    Pirates of the Caribbean in space is exactly what that steaming heap of f*cking ****e will be!

the first Pirates is one of the best blockbusters of the last 10 years though.

I'm still failing to see what peoples problem is with this, its taken full control away from Lucas, who ballsed up the prequels to begin with because people were afraid to say no and call him on his awful script decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

'Little Miss Sunshine' and 'Toy Story 3' writer Michael Arndt lands writing responsibilities for the next Star Wars installment:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20288810

Thoughts?

EDIT: Just saw pixelburp mentioned this on the last page. I'm living in the past man.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,389 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Dermighty wrote: »
    I for one welcome our new Sith Overlord,

Johnny Depp!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Overheal wrote: »
    I for one welcome our new Sith Overlord,

Johnny Depp!

Darth Sparrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I would be fine with a moderately enjoyable sci-fi-fantasy blockbuster. Something like that Star Trek movie that everyone appears to hate for some reason. Pirates in space would suit me fine, I never understand the sheer adulation that the Star Wars films receive. The original is a pretty seminal flick, the follow-up is pretty good as well. Everything else is ****e and always has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,207 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Seems like a great choice, Arndt walked the tightrope of writing something that's enjoyed by both toddlers and adults perfectly with Toy Story 3 so can't see why he shouldn't be able to do well with Star Wars.

No matter what happens, the 30-something uber nerds who've fetishised the universe the movies are set in out of all proportion to the quality of those movies won't be happy. TBH though, most of them wouldn't be happy with a sequal even if handed the keys to Lucasfilm and let write and direct themselves in the lead role because Megan Fox refused to do non-simulated sex scenes in a pivotal plot scene for their character's growth ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/writing-begins-for-new-star-wars-573915.html

Writing begins for new 'Star Wars'

Michael Arndt has already started writing 'Star Wars: Episode VII'.

Kathleen Kennedy and George Lucas have begun story conferences with Arndt

While details of the plot are not yet known, it has been reported that Darth Vader - who was played by David Prowse - will be brought back from the dead

A source told the Daily Express newspaper: "He's an integral part of the franchise. Replacing him is virtually impossible.

"The plan is for him to return and play a significant role in the new films.

"This is science fiction remember. Darth Vader will rise from the ashes."

Meanwhile, 'Star Trek' director J.J. Abrams has ruled himself out of the running to take the helm of the movie, because he is such a big fan of the original film series.

Writing already, sounds like they're determined to get SW7 out ASAP.

How will they bring him back? Space voodoo? Kind of nullifies his whole redemption arc in the last film. Maybe this time around he'll be a kind, benevolent Sith Lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Thrill wrote: »
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/writing-begins-for-new-star-wars-573915.html

Writing already, sounds like they're determined to get SW7 out ASAP.

Darth Vader back from the dead!?!? Oh FFS!!!! Tell me this is a wind-up...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Yeah I'm gonna call BS on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,162 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

He'll be brought back by the Super Adventure Club

• Registered Users Posts: 24,207 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Has to be BS.

At the moment the only two sources for this story seem to be the examiner.ie and breakingnews.ie.

• Advertisement

snausages wrote: »

:eek:

Say it ain't so....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Well, they brought Darth Maul back to life on the tv show, so anything is possible.

But that said tho, Jar Jar was definitely killed on Alderaan and we shall have no more discussion about it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

haha, as I always like to bring up when these kind of rumours appear: remember that Cher was originally 'reported' as being in line to play Catwoman in Dark Knight Rises. Or that David Hasslehoff was 'reported' to be in line to play The Doctor when the series relaunched in 2005.

For some reason, mainstream news outlets are total suckers for every bullsh*t rumour that sprouts from a popular franchise, particularly if they even have a vaguely tabloid outlook.

Until Disney say otherwise, I would laugh this rumour off as just that, a rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,389 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

kitakyushu wrote: »
    Well, they brought Darth Maul back to life on the tv show, so anything is possible.
    Ok, how.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ok, how.

Probably Clone, that's how Star Wars brings back everyone.

they'll get his DNA from some space mosquitos that bit him on Tatooine and clone him, then Watto will create a giant amusement park with big Darth Vaders roaming around. spared no expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,023 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ok, how.

Well Maul got robot legs and all.

As for Vader, I don't know how they could do it. Luke burned him at the end and we got force ghost Anakin.

I guess it'll be some guff about him being so strong with the force he can bring his spirit back to life or something, still wont explain why he'd still be Vader though, why would he need the suit if he can resurrect himself? and Vader without the suit and helmet ain't Vader. This also basically renders the entire redemption of Anakin Skywalker pointless. calling BS on it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No way Vader/Anakin is coming back. However I have no doubt we'll see someone else wearing that suit. It's too iconic not to.

Advertisement