Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

*WHISPERS* Tickets go on sale 8am Monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Any word on a 7 movie marathon? Seems it's happening in the States, but not on a massive scale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

I can't imagine there being much of a demand to sit through the prequel trilogy in one sitting.

Absolute torture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Only if the cinema left the remote with someone so ye could forward the racing/jarjar shîte..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

New poster and Trailer Monday?

Sounds like it:

But the poster is just the beginning as a new The Force Awakens trailer will reportedly arrive on October 19th sometime around 8pm Eastern time. There have been rumblings that it will appear on ESPN during Monday Night Football, which would be a huge audience for the new trailer, and it’s no coincidence that ESPN is a Disney-owned network. If it airs on television first, you can be sure it will be online almost simultaneously, so we’ll have that up as soon as it’s available.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

No Mark Hamill, and is that a death star in the upper right corner???

Roar wrote: »
    No Mark Hamill??

Top left with the mask on..

• Advertisement

Interesting to see two line ups of stormtroopers yet no sign of Luke at all.

Gives credence to that spoiler about the last scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Top left with the mask on..

Hmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

david75 wrote: »
    Interesting to see two line ups of stormtroopers yet no sign of Luke at all.

Must. not. look. up. spoiler..... arghhh

david75 wrote: »

Off to Google................

Some footage posted on insta

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Hype levels... rising

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Hmmm...

Kylo Ren no?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Roar wrote: »
    No Mark Hamill, and is that a death star in the upper right corner???

Not sure how I feel about another Death Star :eek:

Really JJ?? A Death Star in 2 of the 3 OT wasn't enough?

An argument can also be made that it took a Galactic Empire's resources to build a Battle-station the size of a small moon. But now a remnant of the Empire can do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Calibos wrote: »
    Not sure how I feel about another Death Star :eek:

Really JJ?? A Death Star in 2 of the 3 OT wasn't enough?

An argument can also be made that it took a Galactic Empire's resources to build a Battle-station the size of a small moon. But now a remnant of the Empire can do it?

To be fair, the circular vent on the Death-Star-esque object in the poster looks more like an exhaust than a laser weapon. Perhaps it is a massive ship? I would love if they harnessed the 'Knights of the Old Republic' storyline and had the Starforge in the movie - it might explain where this New Order got all of its equipment and technology from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Oh Cool I didnt know Unicron was going to be in this film

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Anyone else trying to get tickets for the midnight showing of this in Imax in Cineworld. Thought they were supposed to be on sale at 8 but nothing yet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You know, I don't think the original trilogy holds up very well when revisited, and overall feel the impact of Star Wars on the medium of cinema as a whole has been less than positive.

However... tickets happily secured for the Lighthouse midnight screening.

HYPE.

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Anyone else trying to get tickets for the midnight showing of this in Imax in Cineworld. Thought they were supposed to be on sale at 8 but nothing yet.

Midnight screenings aren't showing up on the Omniplex site either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

You know, I don't think the original trilogy holds up very well

Booo! At least let us have that one thing JU :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

You know, I don't think the original trilogy holds up very well when revisited...

Well I still get a huge kick out of watching the battle(s) at the end of RotJ. Except for some to the Ewok stuff, but I especially love the space battle, I think it looks fantastic even now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Cineworld a bit of a disaster this morning. Very vague on their facebook page about when the tickets would be for sale online. So **** tonnes of us hammering F5 all morning it seems. Got great seats myself for the IMAX midnight showing so im delighted. Should of been handled better by cineworld though

Omniplex now have midnight screenings on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Got great seats myself for the IMAX midnight showing so im delighted.
    How? I'm getting a 404 on their Star Wars page.

Edit: oh, nevermind. The page 404s but it works in the dropdown list of films. And is sold out now anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Myrddin wrote: »
    Booo! At least let us have that one thing JU :D
    Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Well I still get a huge kick out of watching the battle(s) at the end of RotJ. Except for some to the Ewok stuff, but I especially love the space battle, I think it looks fantastic even now.

They still stand up as a collection of unquestionably iconic, spine-tingling moments (no series boasts as many) and individually impressive elements (the score, the SFX, the art design), but as full films IMO they're often lacking. Indeed, for all the criticisms directed towards the prequel trilogies, the original films suffer several of the same fundamental faults - most notably the often insanely clunky scripts and wooden performances (Harrison Ford being perhaps the most notable exception there). Rewatching A New Hope a few years ago - which was always my favourite of the series as a kid - I was also struck by how turgidly paced it is at times, the moments in-between the best ones surprisingly flat. I haven't revisited Empire in a while, mind, although I reckon given Lucas' more hands-off approach there it would probably withstand a more critical reappraisal with a little bit more grace!

Still, given we're dealing with a director with a strong track record for this sort of material, written by credits without the words 'George' and 'Lucas', and pre-release material that has consistently sent out the right messages, I remain reasonably confident Force Awakens will embrace the best of Star Wars while attempting to address the worst. I look forward to a late night on on the 16th/17th of December :) The crushing disappointment of the following morning will only be part of the fun ;)

Advertisement