Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

1) Are any of midnight screenings 2D? Odeon Point

2) Will it be shown in 2D in either the Cinewolrd IMAX or Odeon iSence screens? Isence is showing 3d.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,063 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Slydice wrote: »
    cineworld had it in 2d in screen 11.

didn't book it, don't know if it's still available

Is screen 11 big though? I want to see it on the biggest screen possible in 2D basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,579 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Tusky wrote: »
    Is screen 11 big though? I want to see it on the biggest screen possible in 2D basically.

Savoy screen 1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Tusky wrote: »

I dunno. It's not small but I wouldn't say BIG big. It's like regular size IIRC.

Just checked, the midnight showing in it is not available anymore.

I'd say realistically, vue out in liffey valley would have the best chance of the biggest 2d mightnight showing. It looks like it still has it in 2d on 4 screens:
    http://www.myvue.com/latest-movies/info/cinema/Dublin/film/star-wars-the-force-awakens-i

It's big screen is even still listed for 3d so there might still be tickets for that if anyone is lookin for 3d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

with mask on its Adam Driver, mask off, Mark Hamill

ala Vader being David Prose behind the mask, and Sebestian Shaw mask off..

Sorry but that is daft. Adam Driver towers over Mark Hamill. We have seen images of Driver as Ren minus the mask. Abrahms and Driver have both confirmed that he is playing Kylo Ren. We have seen a leaked image of a bearded Hamill is old jedi robes like Obi Wan. They are not the same character.
    J Mysterio wrote: »
    I'm starting to think Kylo Ren = Luke Skywalker

No.
    py2006 wrote: »
    Me too, Luke is one of the draws of this movie. Why wouldn't they put him on the poster, even if it was just in a cloak and not entirely clear. Han and Lea are there.

Also, as I said earlier, his picture isn't on the main page of the Starwars.com page for this movie but others are.

Because the marketing has deliberately omitted Hamill as the movie is about the search for Luke Skywalker.

He pops up at the end for about 5 minutes, setting up a larger appearance in Episode 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

What's the story with the sudden lack of spoilers from people over the last few pages? Just because we don't see Luke in the poster doesn't mean that we all want to read the speculation as to why this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Anyone know the betting odds for Star Wars grossing over 3 billion, or becoming the highest grossing film of the year, with a 2 week window to beat Jurassic World?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,191 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

God...that piece of shit is the highest grossing film of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Tony EH wrote: »
    God...that piece of shit is the highest grossing film of the year?

So far it seems. I'm sure Star Wars will have a say about that though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,191 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I hope so...well assuming it's any good that is.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Whats peoples opinionx on seeing 2D or 3D?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Tickets on sale here in Spain, is this a worldwide thing or what ?

Hype overdrive selling 2 months in advance ... crazy..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Red King wrote: »
    Because the marketing has deliberately omitted Hamill as the movie is about the search for Luke Skywalker.

He pops up at the end for about 5 minutes, setting up a larger appearance in Episode 8.

I'm inclined to think you are right

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Say a few million people all over Europe pre booking tickets two months in advance? As with concert tickets, that's an awful lot of money making the studio/promoters an awful lot of interest on that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

A lot of people on here are still awake... everybody staying up for the trailer? :D

has the footie game it's featuring in kicked off yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

What time is the trai,etc out? Recovering from op on James so up late

BrookieD wrote: »
    What time is the trai,etc out? Recovering from op on James so up late

I sympathise. I was looking at heart surgery on tv a few days after having heart surgery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭wilford

12.30 am I think.

12:30 is ok, bloody sucks in here , had my ucl on right thumb repaired and it's a killer. No right hand for 6 bloody weeks.........Still, looks interesting on YouTube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx5CR2MmhB8

• Advertisement

Careful lads.

The game kicks off at 12:30am.

God only knows when half time will be. American football goes on forever

Ooohhhh good point

• Registered Users Posts: 12,418 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Whats peoples opinion on seeing 2D or 3D?

not sure but R2D2 is definitely in it

If you find out what game it is you can use one of those online sites that shows all tv channels n watch it live

Skerries wrote: »
    not sure but R2D2 is definitely in it

You have much to learn young padawan about humour :)

Is he in this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

From Stan Lee
    The new trailer will air during half-time of the Giants/Eagles game that is set to begin at 8:15 p.m. EST and from the teasers we can tell that it's going to feature a few new shots of Rey, as well as Poe Dameron and Finn sharing the screen for the first time.

Anyone know what time that is here?

From Stan Lee
    The new trailer will air during half-time of the Giants/Eagles game that is set to begin at 8:15 p.m. EST and from the teasers we can tell that it's going to feature a few new shots of Rey, as well as Poe Dameron and Finn sharing the screen for the first time.

Anyone know what time that is here?

That would be 01:15 Irish time. I think I might go to bed. If natural tiredness doesn't make me fall asleep, HandEgg most definitely will! Actually, I might tough it out. I am watching the match at the moment and there is only 15 minutes in a quarter... hopefully, this won't take long!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

I'm watching it too. Not long in from work, so can stay up a while. But finding the American Commentary grating.

• Advertisement

I'm watching it too. Not long in from work, so can stay up a while. But finding the American Commentary grating.

Yeah, and I am a little worried about the 'ESPN - Commercial break. We'll be right back.' message I am getting. For once in my life, I actually want to see the commercials... :P

Advertisement