Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

So many ads.

So little Star Wars :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

American Football is like the civil service; so many breaks, so many rules, and nothing happens. 13 (NFL) minutes to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

13 NFL minutes....... it's like dog years. :)

3 (NFL) minutes to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,869 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

As someone interested in both the game and the trailer, and who's following both threads, I'd highly recommend giving the sport a chance. Also American ads seem to be pretty much all about star wars these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i'm just going to watch my little pony til its on youtube...

As someone interested in both the game and the trailer, and who's following both threads, I'd highly recommend giving the sport a chance. Also American ads seem to be pretty much all about star wars these days.

I can appreciate the precise tactics and perfected formulae for routines, but rugby is superior and rugby players are real athletes.

Interesting youtube live stream here: *cough*no droids to see here*cough*

Seriously... 8 f**king seconds... Come on! Just show the trailer! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,869 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Falthyron wrote: »
    rugby players are real athletes.

Not sure what you mean by that exactly. But anyway...

• Advertisement

Here we go....

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

Got goosebumps. Cant wait now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

I kinda expected more! ��

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Its ok, content looks promising, I just wish the art of making good trailers didnt die somewhere in the mid 90s.

To be fair though the prometheus trailer was amazing but the film itself was rubbish so fingers crossed.

I'll give J.J. one thing, and that is he knows exactly how to keep the mystery going.

I like the darker tone, the music, and the overall look of the film. Han saying 'It's true, all of it', etc., really hammers in the idea of how much time has passed and, perhaps, how the galaxy has forgotten the existence of the Jedi and Sith - resigned to mythology. Not sold on Ren's voice, but maybe it will grow on me. It certainly looks like
    Han is the Ben Kenobi of this film, leading the young cast and guiding them, and gives the rumour of his death an even greater weight

Rey's response 'I am nobody' sounds more like a forced answer she has prepared rather than someone who feels despondent - deliberately hiding who she is? The scene in the snow with Finn shows Ren with his hood down, as far as I can tell, so I guess he loses or drops the mask at some point.

I need to watch it a couple more times... :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Ok Han is showing her a map of planets so we know she goes looking for Luke. Tying that into his voice over in the other trailer going the force runs strong in my family...you have that power too, she must be the new hope sorta thing

david75 wrote: »
    Ok Han is showing her a map of planets so we know she goes looking for Luke. Tying that into his voice over in the other trailer going the force runs strong in my family...you have that power too, she must be the new hope sorta thing

Daisy Ridley (afaik) has definitely signed to do three movies. Not sure about Boyega though.
    Is that Finn's jacket in front of Rey when we see her crying? Does Ren kill him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Falthyron wrote: »
    Daisy Ridley (afaik) has definitely signed to do three movies. Not sure about Boyega though.
    Is that Finn's jacket in front of Rey when we see her crying? Does Ren kill him?
    Think that's Chewey :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

The voice of lad talking to Vaders mask sounds like your that badly chap from 300.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Great trailer. Not just because it's mutha friggin Star Wars, but it's just well made.

Introduces a lot of the characters (if not all), sort of gives a bit of the story away but with plenty to guess at. As opposed to most trailers these days where you can already see how it will end.

Also:

ngbpxovgqysdgmbdtfhg.png

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭bilston

It took a second watch for me to appreciate it (probably because I was half awake the first time). I.like it, you get an idea of the story, and it is quite dark which I like as well.

Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

What's the story with the sudden lack of spoilers from people over the last few pages? Just because we don't see Luke in the poster doesn't mean that we all want to read the speculation as to why this is.

Why are you reading a thread about the film if your so touchy about spoilers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Great trailer, Its great seeing Han and the Millennium Falcon again...

The Hype has got me anyways, I'm fecking 35yrs old and felt like a kid watching that trailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Please just stop now, they have built and teased this perfectly, now please stop. No more trailers, or teasers, only TV spots that show clips from the trailers please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Spud83 wrote: »
    Please just stop now, they have built and teased this perfectly, now please stop. No more trailers, or teasers, only TV spots that show clips from the trailers please.

You don't actually believe that, do you? There is no way they're going to stop. The hype train is just starting.

Really enjoyed the trailer. A further reinforcement of Abhram's rejection of the green screen vibe that defined episode 1 to 3 (Storm Troopers fighting it out in a castle by a lake!!).

But this is my final trailer. Any longer ones stop being trailers and become plot summaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I was kinda 'meh' on first viewing. Didn't really feel Star Warsy or something. On second watch I liked it a bit more.

Still no hint of Luke, so the rumours of him being found and making an almost cameo type appearance in the final scenes may be true. I'd expect Luke to have a bigger role in the next one in 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Spud83 wrote: »

This is the final trailer. TV spots are usually more spoilery than trailers, dunno if that will be the case here too, but I avoid them at all costs every time anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

So is she
    crying over Chewies body in that bit?

Fanbois have spotted a mandalorian flag in the bit we're behind Han and the robot coming toward the camera(Boba Fetts flag or somethin)

The island in the lake underneath the X wing taking out the tie fighter looks like skelig Michael from above(Lukes hideout).

Advertisement