Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

2D957D5700000578-3280234-image-a-18_1445336475454.jpg

2D93198100000578-3280234-Kylo_Ren_presumed_to_be_a_member_of_the_dark_side_carries_a_thre-a-60_1445310522630.jpg

Does Chewie die?

2D93E78000000578-3280234-image-a-7_1445319883724.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

zerks wrote: »
    Does Chewie die?

I'm almost certain it's not Chewie but piecing a few things together I figure I might have a good idea who it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

zerks wrote: »

Does Chewie die?

2D93E78000000578-3280234-image-a-7_1445319883724.jpg

Speculation
    I think its fairly obvious it will be Han. I can see Harrison Ford agreeing to do SWTFA for nostalgia reasons, a final big paycheck of his career, etc but I can't see him committing himself to a whole nother Trilogy that takes him into his 80's. With Carrie Fisher I imagine similar reasons for doing this film but maybe different reasons for not committing to more. ie. Her BiPolar and Anxiety issues might make her fearful of committing to any more. Mark Hamill on the other hand has age and mental health on his side with regard to a 6 or 7 year commitment to this Trilogy and likely needs a multi-million dollar paycheck more than Harrison. Hence if Han and Leia are only present in the first of the Trilogy to perform the handover to the new cast, then its best to keep Lukes participation in the first film to a minimum and save him for the next two because it'd be him alone as the carry over cast member for the rest of the Trilogy

Plus: Dark Brown Leather Jacket, not enough hair on head/face silhouette to be Chewie, too much wavy hair to be Finn. Its defo Han in that image tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Calibos wrote: »
    Speculation
    I think its fairly obvious it will be Han.

My bet is
    it's Finn after losing the lightsaber fight against Kylo in the snowy forest. There's trees and snow behind her plus it looks like his brown jacket he's seen wearing throughout the trailer.

Just my guess, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I'm almost certain it's not Chewie but piecing a few things together I figure I might have a good idea who it is.

I think its
    Finn
    and hopefully they aint dead. But it does look like it.

Surprised they put that scene in the trailer, would have preferred they didn't.

Calibos, if anything happens
    Han or Chewie, I'd struggle to keep it together :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

This guy discusses it here. All speculation of course...

#StarWarsJacketSpeculation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I think its
    Finn
    and hopefully they aint dead. But it does look like it.

Calibos, if anything happens
    Han or Chewie, I'd struggle to keep it together :(

Yeah, I agree.
    Finn
    would also be a good reason for
    Rey seeking out Luke to train her so she can avenge Finn's death

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Falthyron wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree.
    Finn

So you're telling me...
    The Black Guy dies first!

FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Maybe perhaps
    Rey is Leia and Han's daughter that was a baby on the Falcon when it crashed and they thought she was dead but ended up being reared on the planet and there is one of these cliche moments when your my relative and then the relative dies

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

What if kylo ren and Rey are twins, Han and leias kids, somehow they thought lost, Ren figures out his grandfather was Vader and becomes obsessed and starts the first order, taking loads of divisions of troops from his mothers army(she'd be a commander of some sort of leader of the resistance) to try to re-establish the empire in his grandfathers image and Han and leia are heartbroken cos they find out its him and what he's doing and Luke is the only one that can stop him so they set out to find him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

david75 wrote: »
    What if kylo ren and Rey are twins, Han and leias kids, somehow they thought lost, Ren figures out his grandfather was Vader and becomes obsessed and starts the first order, taking loads of divisions of troops from his mothers army(she'd be a commander of some sort of leader of the resistance) to try to re-establish the empire in his grandfathers image and Han and leia are heartbroken cos they find out its him and what he's doing and Luke is the only one that can stop him so they set out to find him?

I kinda like some of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just watched it now...the quickest two minutes of my life, & the first time goosebumps ever spread to my face! Yeah feck it...I'm going full fan boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

The hype machine in full force !!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,207 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Watching all these pre-booking posts I'm starting to wonder how long I'll have to wait to see it as I can't afford to pre-book atm!

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I kinda like some of this.

There's homage a big identity reveal. Just a matter of who it is

I just read on another site, have no idea how credible or where it comes from originally but (I'll spoiler in case, but this is reeeeeally minor ****; I'm avoiding spoilers and I don't care about this at all)
    Spoiler:

So, all the stormtroopers of the First Order are light saber trained? That explains Finn a lot more. Should I be bothered by non-Jedi with sabers? ... I'm just not sure.

eh, use spoiler tag

Don't see the option for that. I'm using the mobile version of boards

manually type the above around the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Spoiler tags for speculation on the film seems a bit daft.

• Advertisement

Mod orders

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Falthyron wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree.
    Finn

That'd be very
    Sith
    though, so hope not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

titan18 wrote: »
    That'd be very
    Sith
    though, so hope not

True, but I would imagine
    her drive to seek revenge would alarm Luke and he would be forced to train her or run the risk of another falling to the darkside like Kylo.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

The entire plot is up online so it makes perfect sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The hype machine in full force !!

The hype awakens.

To be honest though, I dont think hype is a fair word!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Sleepy wrote: »
    Watching all these pre-booking posts I'm starting to wonder how long I'll have to wait to see it as I can't afford to pre-book atm!

Samey

The entire plot is up online so it makes perfect sense.

Just guess work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    There is no accounting for Hollywood's disregard for the deductive abilities of people who aren't stoned San Fernando valley teenagers. In the Phanom Menace trailer, they had Obi-wan screaming "Nooooooooooooooooo!" in what was clearly the same location as the light sabre fight scenes with Darth Maul shown earlier in trailer. Oh, I wonder what the outcome of that will be then. Although that was nothing compared to the soundtrack album's "Qui-Gon's Funeral" spoiler.

Your surprise is only matched by my surprise that when you respond to a board.ie posts hat had spoiler tags, the quoted text includes the content between the
    tags unhidden with no warning. FFS!

Now we have John Boyega's reaction

and here is Daisy's from earlier:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Planning on heading to Dublin to see this in IMAX.
    Just wondering will there be a 2D option? Can't stand 3D.

Can't seem to find anything online.

Advertisement