Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Every movie should have an optional Inside Out commentary. :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Read this article today and while it may have little influence on Luke Skywalker in TFA, makes an interesting read.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/8392698

I really hope Luke is a baddie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

As someone said already, I feel Luke is the balance to the force. Not necessarily light or Dark, he'll still be a hero in the eyes of the audience but I'm sure he will do some questionable things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I think I'm out lads. want to go into this as blind as possible. See you on the other side

*unsubscribes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I think I'm out lads. want to go into this as blind as possible. See you on the other side

*unsubscribes*

Same, while the speculation is certainly fun...I want to see this as blank as I can be. See you all on the other side! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Gone as well....

Gonna be hell for me as I will have to wait a week or 2 to see it after it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I really hope they forget all about this bringing "balance to the Force" malarkey, it is unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,191 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Another thing I'd REALLY like to see is the Sith stop referring to themselves as the "dark side".

It's fine coming from the Jedi as some sort of "propaganda" label, but sounds stupid when a member of the Sith says it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Tony EH wrote: »
    Another thing I'd REALLY like to see is the Sith stop referring to themselves as the "dark side".

It's fine coming from the Jedi as some sort of "propaganda" label, but sounds stupid when a member of the Sith says it.

I know - it depends on the point of view you are looking at it from.

It's all relative

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Harrison Ford was on Kimmel last night and said there was a very good reason why Luke was not on the poster. Which may put an end to the speculation that
    Kylo is Luke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Adam Driver is Kylo Ren.

I can't believe people still doubt this despite the statements by just about everyone involved in the film, not to mention the video and still evidence, the marketing evidence and the blatantly obvious difference in build between Driver (Tall and thin) and the person some people think might be Kylo Ren

Who is short and fat.

It is the dumbest theory I think I've ever seen relating to Star Wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I don't think Skywalker is actually in the film till perhaps the last scene or perhaps post credsit scene

McLoughlin wrote: »
    I don't think Skywalker is actually in the film till perhaps the last scene or perhaps post credsit scene

It would certainly appear that way but i do recall in the early stages it being confirmed that the original cast were not merely cameos and that they would have significant roles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Red King wrote: »
    Adam Driver is Kylo Ren.

I can't believe people still doubt this despite the statements by just about everyone involved in the film, not to mention the video and still evidence, the marketing evidence and the blatantly obvious difference in build between Driver (Tall and thin) and the person some people think might be Kylo Ren

Who is short and fat.

Three actors played Vadar.. One with the mask on, one mask off and one for the voice.

Driver is Ren with the mask on............... DEN. DEN. DDDEEEEEENNNNNNNNN!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

py2006 wrote: »
    Harrison Ford was on Kimmel last night and said there was a very good reason why Luke was not on the poster. Which may put an end to the speculation that
    Kylo is Luke

His excitement here sorta makes me think Han does take a bullet in this one..

Poll not required..

EVERYONE would be more upset if Chewie dies than Han..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Three actors played Vadar.. One with the mask on, one mask off and one for the voice.

*Nerd Alert*
    5 Actors in total have been involved in a suited Vader, Hayden Christensen at the end of III, David Prowse as the main actor, Bob Anderson for the stunt bits, Sebastian Shaw for the helmet removal and James Earl Jones for the voice.

If you to be technical about it, 4 in the Original trilogy, 5 if you want to say Hayden was being Vader not Anakin at the end of RotJ, but if your including Anakin representation then Lloyd would need to be included as well (shudder)

Clareman wrote: »
    *Nerd Alert*
    5 Actors in total have been involved in a suited Vader, Hayden Christensen at the end of III, David Prowse as the main actor, Bob Anderson for the stunt bits, Sebastian Shaw for the helmet removal and James Earl Jones for the voice.

If you to be technical about it, 4 in the Original trilogy, 5 if you want to say Hayden was being Vader not Anakin at the end of RotJ, but if your including Anakin representation then Lloyd would need to be included as well (shudder)

that was like finding out the exact ingredients of my favourite chicken mc nugget..

if a man breaks a thing to find out how it works, he has left the path to wisdom - Gandalf...or one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

Red King wrote: »
    Adam Driver is Kylo Ren.

Who is short and fat.

Palpatine and Darth Sidious being separate characters was worse eye em oh. :P

The trailer does look to be trying to mislead that Kylo Ren is Luke Skywalker. But I think the reason Skywalker isn't all over the promotional material is to build the impact for when he makes his appearance on-screen.

Pal of mine once said Lucas f*ked up in a weird way. He imagined that last battle for Endor to be like the last battle in avatar. But all he got a as fluffy teddys He wanted happy meal toy royalties mainly though.

Nothing wrong or even unrealistic about the smallest among us toppling the greatest for the biggest change. Look at the lord of the rings.
    Hobbits saved the world.

It's all about delivery though.
    Just hope JJ manages to capture what Lucas did right. And he did a lot right too and gets no credit at all.

I mean here we are talking about it all still.
    Look what he gave us.
    Flawed? Yes. Fantastic?
    Completely.

Anyone flying air France on Dec 16th?

Air France passengers will see new Star Wars movie two days early http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3296605/Passengers-board-Air-France-flights-new-Star-Wars-movie-three-days-release.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Air France passengers will see new Star Wars movie two days early http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3296605/Passengers-board-Air-France-flights-new-Star-Wars-movie-three-days-release.html

I am now!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Ok, so an interesting new ad from Duracell.... (only very slightly spoilery)

Notice the young girls is dressed as Rey's character
    and appears to have the force which may confirm that Rey is indeed Luke's daughter?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Ok, so an interesting new ad from Duracell.... (only very slightly spoilery)

Notice the young girls is dressed as Rey's character
    and appears to have the force which may confirm that Rey is indeed Luke's daughter?

No spoilers there at all TBH. Two random kids playing Star Wars in their back yard pretending to be Jedi. Fun ad all the same though :)

George Lucas Asks J.J. Abrams About Darth Vader's Grandchildren

A rather excellent and in-depth analysis of the trailer. Worth the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭justjustin

I saw this on reddit earlier today and thought it was quite an interesting theory and good point for discussion.

This may not be the place for it but I'm not sure where else to post it.
    I have added a spoiler tag just in case because the link url contains the subject matter, but it is just some guys very well explained theory and is not based on any new facts or leaks about the upcoming movie.

I think that it makes an awful lot of sense and is pretty solid overall.

Edit: I'm not sure how to do a hidden url...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,842 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Bacchus wrote: »
    No spoilers there at all TBH. Two random kids playing Star Wars in their back yard pretending to be Jedi. Fun ad all the same though :)

Ah there's a few bits..

- 3PO's red arm?
    - New Storm/Snow troopers look great
    - The AT-ATs seem to have had a subtle visual upgrade too?

The FANTASY SEQUENCE caption is so American though - like duuhhh! Ya think? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

if I was on that flight I wouldn't turn it on. An aircraft's in flight entertainment screen would be a rotten way to experience a movie like that for the first time.

• Advertisement

if I was on that flight I wouldn't turn it on. An aircraft's in flight entertainment screen would be a rotten way to experience a movie like that for the first time.

People really should read an article before posting comments about it, the film will not be screened in flight but rather passengers who fly on specific flights on those days will receive a ticket to see the film in a cinema in Paris on the 16th.

Advertisement