Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

That trailer has some beautiful shots in it, at the very least, it's going to be a treat for the eyes.

To my mind, it's also settled the argument over
    who's lying on the ground, it's definitely a brown leather jacket

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

It looks better and better the more we see. Effects are all there and the flow and tone of the action as in the originals. It's all down to the story now and new characters/ actors. If you don't like or at least relate to a new character in an established universe and especially such an iconic one it's ****ed. It'll live or die on the characters. They better bring it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Love that Apocalypse Now esque shot in the trailer. "Hope is not lost today. It is found." Sounds a bit A New Hope ish doesn't it.

im looking far down the road...

how big is the different directors gonna play out?

what if Abrams film is amazing and the other two are crap?

but ultimately, how is this gonna all wrap up??

is it gonna be another big happy ending film? or a loaded bittersweet thing??? or a footstep to more films?

now might be a good time to go back and look at the teasers and trailers for JJ's Star Trek films..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

david75 wrote: »
    now might be a good time to go back and look at the teasers and trailers for JJ's Star Trek films..

Or may be not...

:-/

py2006 wrote: »
    Or may be not...

:-/

I love Star Trek and always have but not as much..

those films are great and i Love what JJ did with them

and cast perfectly by the way

ps...
    you sound like youre gonna hate these star wars films before youve even seen em..change and adapt..or die..

theyre gonna be different like it or not..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

that trailer spoiler
    hope is not lost it is found,Luke is the new hope so it is in part a search for Luke i reckon, well i'm pretty sure i know most of the bones of the story but thats different issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Tigger wrote: »
    well i'm pretty sure i know most of the bones of the story

Cmon, out with it!! Sure no one knows, so it's all good craic..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

thats her pole you see her with in a couple of the trailers
    Thanks. Yeah, I had seen that but never as close up as above. I just think it looks awfully like the top of a lightsaber, say level with where her eye is in that photo. Probably nothing of the sort :pac:

Do you not think it's dual end lightsaber and she just doesn't know yet?

Gotta say I'm loving the merchandising for it so far. Check out this kids X-wing flight jacket, leather and heavy as f**k. Was going to buy it for my son but i know my wife would never let him wear it.

IMG_20151104_165509_zpsmgybtecs.jpg

lafors wrote: »
    Check out this kids X-wing flight jacket, leather and heavy as f**k. Was going to buy it for my son but i know my wife would never let him wear it.

I'd be seeking sole custody there.

f5MCKlY.jpg

Cmon, out with it!! Sure no one knows, so it's all good craic..
    ren and rey are twins and are estranged, han and leia are the parents so vader is ren's grandad. ren has awakened (he was an x wing fighter and all the fighting without direction means he follows the dark side and he finds out who he is, he then finds the mask of vader on endor and emulates him. he makes a light saber and mask and becomes kylo ren. rey has awakened and is in touch with the light. ren wants to follow in vaders path and rey has been found by han he tells her the truth of who they are and tells her about ren and that they need to find luke (who is doing a yoda on skelleg micheal) like goes to tatooine and is captured so han rey chewie and leia go looking for him and find finn (in't be cool if he was lukes kid but i think he's a randomer) the new trailer show ren putting the improvised saber up to rey's neck but she will confront him . rey kills han and then ren goes after him (probably after she meets up with luke and probably in the next film(s)) the first order are the remnants of the empire without the emporer the bureaucracy.

thats my thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Don't like Rey's voice it's too posh

ziggy23 wrote: »
    not if she's royalty ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

david75 wrote: »
    ps...
    you sound like youre gonna hate these star wars films before youve even seen em..change and adapt..or die..

theyre gonna be different like it or not..

This is the Internet pal, there's nothing that can get in the way of a bit of hating, even a film actually delivering.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

ziggy23 wrote: »

That's actually a working class Jakkuvian accent.

Re-watching this.....always gets me! :D

I see your fan edit, and raise you this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

py2006 wrote: »
    Re-watching this.....always gets me! :D
    I see your fan edit, and raise you this
    RiWRr5u.jpg

Slydice wrote: »
    same video derp

Slight possibility i posted the wrong video....

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

New tv spot.

I knew this would happen. Was perfectly happy with the three trailers but now we'll be flooded with tv spots. But I can't stop looking!!!

http://youtu.be/nVCn0Lfm2EY

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Slight possibility i posted the wrong video....

looked again and I see your different video.

might just be a boards bug

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

doubledown wrote: »
    New tv spot.

I knew this would happen. Was perfectly happy with the three trailers but now we'll be flooded with tv spots. But I can't stop looking!!!

http://youtu.be/nVCn0Lfm2EY
    Why is Rey flying the Falcon? :( It looks like she flies it from a wooded, snowy area if the sequence is chronologically correct... The more I see, the more I think Han will die. :(

Falthyron wrote: »
    Why is Rey flying the Falcon? :( It looks like she flies it from a wooded, snowy area if the sequence is chronologically correct... The more I see, the more I think Han will die. :(

Don't be so sure:
    he's listed as a cast member in Episode VIII for whatever that's worth. *shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

doubledown wrote: »
    Japanese trailer. Some old footage but LOADS of new stuff too.

But beware - probably the most spoiler-filled so far

why would they show a different trailer in another country??

surely it should be the same across the globe :confused:

Falthyron wrote: »
    in the comic con reel, it shows her and solo getting into the pilot chairs..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Advertisement