Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

david75 wrote: »
    now might be a good time to go back and look at the teasers and trailers for JJ's Star Trek films..

Or the Phantom Menance trailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

This is a brilliant Star Wars documentary about the original trilogy, highly recommend it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH18m8rnnbA

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

The TV Spot is out with some new footage.
    (Cant post up a link. New User)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

The TV Spot is out with some new footage.
    (Cant post up a link. New User)

Voila...

I hope that's all the footage now. Getting very spoilery.

• Advertisement

I hope there is more to Han and Leia's characters than just looking old and pensive in the background.

Absolutely but Solo still looks cool out in the snow tho.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I hope that's all the footage now. Getting very spoilery.

Not a chance. They are just getting started.

Might have to avoid it all now till the 18th.

• Advertisement

I'm a 45 year old guy and can remember being mesmerised when a New Hope came out. All those feelings came back to me on seeing these trailers. Must admit i shed a wee tear on seeing Han n Chewie in trailer two.

I'm a 45 year old guy and can remember being mesmerised when a New Hope came out. All those feelings came back to me on seeing these trailers. Must admit i shed a wee tear on seeing Han n Chewie in trailer two.

I think that had the same affect on all of people. If you do a YouTube search for Star Wars trailer reactions you will see.

Notable quote from AICN after the TV spot went live...
    From here on out, people trying to avoid spoilers should beware. Historically, TV spots give far more away from upcoming movies than trailers do - because more people watch television, and the studio is trying to get rears in seats. We will definitely be getting more exposure to the plot now.

I've seen a few of them. Some were obviously forced. But most of them also had me in tears. Nice to see a community united in the joy and hope of Star Wars.

py2006 wrote: »
    Notable quote from AICN after the TV spot went live...
    Right, That's the TV unplugged for the next month and a half. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

While i loved seeing the Apocalypses Now Tie Fighter shot, and all the Millenium Falcon shots, I would have loved to see them all for the first time in the cinema on the 17th.. So as much as i enjoy the teasers and trailers, in going to bow out of this thread...

Enjoy the build up lads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

il_fullxfull.620140801_byrn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I'm bowing out now too. I've enjoyed the trailers and build up but it's getting to the point where'll I'll just start ruining the movie for myself.

I'm gonna be talking to meself on here the way things are going...

sw_bts_08-1024x683.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,191 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

/\

"Emote more. The audience needs to know what you're feeling..."

:pac:

Nice interview with JJ
    We knew we weren’t just casting one movie—we were casting at least three. That, to me, was the biggest challenge. When we met Daisy Ridley, when we found John Boyega, and then Oscar Isaac and Adam Driver came aboard, we got really excited. And yes, Daisy and John could work together, but what happens when Harrison’s in the mix? What will that feel like? If it doesn’t spark, it’s a ****ing disaster. Yes, BB-8 is a great character, amazingly puppeteered, but what will happen when he’s suddenly in a scene with C-3P0 or R2-D2? Will it feel bizarre? Will it feel wrong? Somehow it didn’t. When Anthony Daniels told me, “Oh my God, I love BB-8!” I said, “We’re going to be OK.” Because if he’s OK, it’s working.

Is it December yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Terminally ill fan Daniel Fleetwood passed away. At least he got his wish. Count your blessings, folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

doubledown wrote: »
    Terminally ill fan Daniel Fleetwood passed away. At least he got his wish. Count your blessings, folks.
    really glad he got to see the film, RIP Daniel - may the force be with you

eUrgr1o.png

Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens_Official_Character_Banner_b_JPosters.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

py2006 wrote: »

Trailer
    "... I see your eyes ... I know your eyes ..."
    ... I had a bad Avatar feeling about that!
    McLoughlin wrote: »
    Love that Apocalypse Now esque shot in the trailer. ...
    I'd say that rising sun shot went down well in Japan.

I wonder are we going to see any novel marketing (for the film). Correct me if I'm wrong but I think The Phantom Menace was the first film where ad posters featured individual characters and there were also the tone poem trailers (which were better scripted than the film itself)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

I've just heard there's some concept art of Snoke out there.

Must. Not. See.

It's so difficult now. I've been completely immersed in the hype and excitement of TFA for such a long time that I've failed miserably when it comes to avoiding anything Star Wars related.

I really want to avoid this leak though cause I've loved how they've purposely kept Snoke in the shadows and I want the full cinema experience for his reveal.

Remember we didn't even know Andy Serkis was in TFA until after the first teaser trailer. He wasn't mentioned during the cast announcement.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

From that Abrams' interview with Wired:
    We wanted to tell a story that had its own self-contained beginning, middle, and end but at the same time, like A New Hope, implied a history that preceded it and also hinted at a future to follow. When Star Wars first came out, it was a film that both allowed the audience to understand a new story but also to infer all sorts of exciting things that might be. In that first movie, Luke wasn’t necessarily the son of Vader, he wasn’t necessarily the brother of Leia, but it was all possible.

http://www.wired.com/2015/11/star-wars-force-awakens-jj-abrams-interview

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Advertisement