Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Liamario wrote: »
    I don't understand why there was such a big gap between the 2nd teaser and the full trailer, when they are showing so much footage now. I'd rather they had spread it out more.

The movie is out in 30 odd days, it's not surprising the marketing and TV spots have gone into overdrive, gotta remind the casual cinemagoers there's a new star wars out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

It's a dangerous time now. The Internet, print media and TV will be stuffed full of Star Wars content between now and the film's release. Difficult to avoid. Or, if you're like me, just irresistible...

If you see enough stuff you can start to piece things together but I'm confident they won't reveal any major secrets. And the word is that there will be no press screenings so as to avoid any huge spoilers leaking out.

Nice comeback here from the official Star Wars Twitter account to someone bitching about all the new footage -

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/665063872512987136

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The amount of footage is certainly increasing, but I don't think its relative context or coherency is; still no idea what's suppose to be happening in any of those scenes; so in an era where we routinely complain about trailers that are effectively digests of the entire plot, Star Wars is at least keeping most of its cards close to its chest

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Yep..

cZ8hSWv.png

py2006 wrote: »
    Yep..

cZ8hSWv.png

He's still got it where it counts, kid...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Is it a fact that the more trailers and teasers a studio releases, it's usually a sign the film is pretty bad? Or is that a myth?

No press screenings either..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I think the number of trailers/tv spots is irrelevant. That's just about letting as many people as possible know that there's a new Star Wars coming out. Star Wars fans on the net watching all of them and editing the footage into super trailers isn't really Disney's concern at this stage. Those people have already booked their tickets. Studio marketing departments always think the film is garbage, though, even if it isn't. It helps them do their job, which is to get as many bums in seats in the first couple of weekends as possible. Whether the movie is actually good or not doesn't come into play until later.

Disney have been pretty restrained with the marketing in my view. We still don't know *that* much about the plot. And Abrams says the trailers are a good reflection of the film, which would normally suggest confidence in the product. But then again it's Star Wars: it's going to make billions no matter how good it is. But if it is bad, then the next decade of sequels/spinoffs will be harder to market. So it's absolutely in Disney interest that this first film be good. The spin-offs and sequels somewhat less so, as evidenced by the rushed production schedule. They WILL eventually start shovelling these films out.

I see there are rumours of a return to Kerry next year but this time it is at Ceann Sibéal headland at the western end of the Dingle Peninsula.

000b5edb-572.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I can't help but feel that the people that don't want to talk about Star Wars before the film comes out are the people who will ruin it for everybody because they'll be first to see it and talk about how much they loved it it and got to see it first without due care.

Just like GoT fans!

I don't mind those guys. It's the ones ****ting on it just cos it didn't meet their impossible to satisfy expectations are the real bummers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭bilston

david75 wrote: »
    I don't mind those guys. It's the ones ****ting on it just cos it didn't meet their impossible to satisfy expectations are the real bummers

There will be plenty of them I'm afraid!

We might all fall under that category it is so hyped

It would have to be pretty bad for me to be disappointed to be honest.

That's my fear too.

Well all fall to the dark side :)

But seriously there's already a HUGE wedge of fanbois who are already crapping on it and just based on trailers and director etc.
    They'll complain anyways.

That's my fear too.

Well all fall to the dark side :)

But seriously there's already a HUGE wedge of fanbois who are already crapping on it and just based on trailers and director etc.
    They'll complain anyways.

As long as I like it I don't care. By 2020 there will be six new Star Wars movies no matter what.

I suppose the success or otherwise will decide whether we get more movies through the 2020s.

bilston wrote: »
    As long as I like it I don't care. By 2020 there will be six new Star Wars movies no matter what.

I suppose the success or otherwise will decide whether we get more movies through the 2020s.

Well, this one will be a huge opening success regardless if it stinks or not. We will definitely have a trilogy and a couple spinoffs. They may loose slight appeal if the original cast are not involved.

From what insiders are saying, the movie is looking pretty good.

Few bits in this too
    Behind the scenes special tonight on Disney channel in the US at 830
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDd9EcJxnb4&sns=em

david75 wrote: »

First proper look at Domhnall Gleeson as General Hux. Plus the "Chewie, we're home" line is a different take!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

bilston wrote: »

Oh I can see Disney pushing out Star Wars films for quite awhile

doubledown wrote: »
    First proper look at Domhnall Gleeson as General Hux. Plus the "Chewie, we're home" line is a different take!

Noticed that too

doubledown wrote: »

Jeez, hope they stick with the take from the second trailer

Is it just me or does Ford not look the best in this shot. His hair looks longer too. I wonder was it a reshoot straight after breaking his leg.

safe_image.php?d=AQAdrh8V8uaDUcon&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic1.gamespot.com%2Fuploads%2Fscreen_kubrick%2F1557%2F15576725%2F2965263-hansolo.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1&sx=0&sy=5&sw=500&sh=262

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Ford was only out sick for 2 months and it was just a fractured ankle. I think his hair just looks longer because the wind is blowing it. That's the not the kind of thing they'd miss on a shoot like this where it would perfectly normal to have shots from the same scene captured months apart and actors need to look the same.

Major hair/make-up variations are usually the result of re-shoots shot years after principal photography has ended, often with different makeup artists trying to replicate someone else's work with an actor that has totally changed appearance. See McGregor's awful wig in some scenes in the TPM or Gandalf's fuzzy looking beard in certain shots of ROTK.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

Looking at Harrison Ford, they could still have him as Indiana Jones if they make it in the next year or so.

It's hard to believe it's now 8 years since they filmed the last Indiana Jones movie.

Wedwood wrote: »
    Looking at Harrison Ford, they could still have him as Indiana Jones if they make it in the next year or so.

It's hard to believe it's now 8 years since they filmed the last Indiana Jones movie.

He's up for doing one more so ya never know.

As we know, there is a scene where Rey flies the Millennium Falcon as seen in the trailers. After they shot that scene, there is another sequence where Rey and Han fly it together. Daisy Ridley has a funny story about it: “I went to get into the pilot seat and he was like ‘that’s mine’. I was genuinely mortified and JJ was sitting there like ‘Oh my god.'”

It brought a smile to my face

• Advertisement

Advertisement