Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Not sure if this is a clip or specifically created for the ad:

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

Is this Maz Kanata? The lightened screenshot image i took from the second trailer(at 51 seconds) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCc2v7izk8w
    Where she hands over the saber and the cartoon insert i took from the official poster. Haven't heard anyone mention the glimpse of her in the trailer before. [IMG][/img]12232866_1702641313283824_3935512368406327923_o.jpg
    uploading pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Is this Maz Kanata? The lightened screenshot image i took from the second trailer(at 51 seconds) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCc2v7izk8w
    Where she hands over the saber and the cartoon insert i took from the official poster. Haven't heard anyone mention the glimpse of her in the trailer before. [IMG][/img]12232866_1702641313283824_3935512368406327923_o.jpg
    uploading pictures

Good call me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Disney wouldn't let the Grand Social in town do a marathon of the original trilogy in the lead up to TFA. What would be the reasoning behind them being scrooges on that front?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Disney wouldn't let the Grand Social in town do a marathon of the original trilogy in the lead up to TFA. What would be the reasoning behind them being scrooges on that front?

Probably want to screen them in the main cinemas. But they should be promoting that already surely?

They're ultra mega super tight on their property too though. May just not want it shown in a pub. Not a family environment as they understand it.

• Advertisement

6TKqlF5.jpg

I think we all honour the man for what he gave us.. But this? This is crossing a line.
    Commander Jorg Sacul is based on 1998's POTF2 Biggs Darklighter figure. In honor of the 25th anniversary of Star Wars, "Jorg Sacul" honors creator George Lucas as an action figure in an X-Wing Pilot uniform.
    This figure was available exclusively during the Celebration II convention at the Indianapolis Convention Center on May 3-5, 2002. Quantities were later distributed throughout Europe in various promotions.
    http://www.rebelscum.com/sagac2sacul.asp

C2JorgSaculLS.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Lucasfilm don't allow public screenings of any of the films and haven't for a long time. The licensing authority would know this, so it's kind weird that it took the Grand Social 2 weeks to cancel. Me thinks maybe they had no intention of getting right clearance until Lucasfilm started sending cease and desist letters.

What are the odds he has these in his house in glass cabinets with spot lights on them

Oh wait..

11168537_10200707086635011_6483290089477120221_n.jpg?oh=37cc8fd58868a554fe510b4d37b960b1&oe=56B78BDC
    620860_10202156251934536_1243290085_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

david75 wrote: »
    Probably want to screen them in the main cinemas. But they should be promoting that already surely?

They're ultra mega super tight on their property too though. May just not want it shown in a pub. Not a family environment as they understand it.

Main cinemas not showing them. Cineworld in particular were quick to stress that customers shouldn't request them to be played as they couldn't.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

david75 wrote: »
    I think we all honour the man for what he gave us.. But this? This is crossing a line.
    Commander Jorg Sacul is based on 1998's POTF2 Biggs Darklighter figure. In honor of the 25th anniversary of Star Wars, "Jorg Sacul" honors creator George Lucas as an action figure in an X-Wing Pilot uniform.
    This figure was available exclusively during the Celebration II convention at the Indianapolis Convention Center on May 3-5, 2002. Quantities were later distributed throughout Europe in various promotions.
    http://www.rebelscum.com/sagac2sacul.asp

C2JorgSaculLS.jpg

Why is it crossing the line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Facekicking 2 The Future

I heard this on a Kevin Smith podcast:

Lucas was a pretty savvy businessman by hooking the cast up with a percentage of the merchandise, even though none of them knew exactly how massive this Star Wars thing would become
    Mark Hamill, on a whim when signing the contract for the original 1977 film, asked George Lucas to add a clause that gave him one each of everything they made Star Wars -related. 35 years later, Mark Hamill has whole warehouses full of original, pristine Star Wars merch. I'm talking toys and everything. To this day he periodically receives shipments of more Star Wars. The man is sitting on a pile of cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

I think I'd rather have Alec Guinness's 2.25%.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

EP7_IA_92568.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

New TV Spot.
    I've given in to the Dark Side and watched. (Contains Slight Spoilers)
    https://www.facebook.com/StarWars/videos/1056073217777612/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Anyone else think 8 seconds in looks like
    a Yavin IV temple is being attacked? Perhaps the Empire's taking some retrospective revenge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

George Lucas Interview were he hopes “the Force doesn’t get muddled into a bunch of gobbledygook.” and he left Star Wars because "You go to make a movie and all you do is get criticized"

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/11/george-lucas-star-wars-jar-jar-binks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

One word George - "Midiclorians"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I think he's referring to the religious, faith-based aspect of the Force, which if it was expanded on too much might inspire some crazies to turn it into a religion. He's never really talked about it, but I always thought the introduction of midichlorians was in part an attempt to neutralise this. But the idea that anyone could use the Force had already been kinda put to bed in Jedi. The second teaser quotes Luke's line about the Force running strong in his family, so I don't think Lucas has anything to worry about.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

McLoughlin wrote: »
    George Lucas Interview were he hopes “the Force doesn’t get muddled into a bunch of gobbledygook.” and he left Star Wars because "You go to make a movie and all you do is get criticized"

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/11/george-lucas-star-wars-jar-jar-binks

Interviewer: "If you could be any Star Wars character who would you be"

Lucas: "Jar Jar Binks"

Fair play to the guy, that made me laugh but he seems bitter and deluded. "Nobody wants to see experimental films"... sorry George but you haven't made a good film in 30 years, let alone anything "experimental"... you're not being criticised for being too "out there" you're a money making hack who was more worried about selling toys than making movies. Go sit in your chair and drink some coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,191 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

"Nobody wants to see experimental films"...

Says the man who made 'THX1138'?

Wha?

Wired have a great interview with Kasdan who seems very happy with the finished film and has a lot of nice things to say about working with J.J. and George.

http://www.wired.com/2015/11/lawrence-kasdan-qa/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

McLoughlin wrote: »

The 'criticism' comment feels particularly bitter; apt too because aside from everything else wrong with the prequels, Lucas surrounding himself with the kind of Yes Men and cronies seen in Making-of videos pretty much ensured he had almost zero creative, professional feedback. A little criticism could have averted disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Another theory/idea I have been thinking about:
    When Vader asks Luke to join him to overthrow the Emperor in Empire Strikes Back, this seemed like an idea that perhaps Vader had been thinking about for some time, but hadn't found someone to help him. Obviously, the realisation that he has a son and one who can wield the force would be a boon to his plan. However, I think Vader's idea was formed from years of plotting and perhaps had a previous accomplice.

My theory is: Supreme Leader Snoke is someone who was associated or knew Vader between episodes III and IV. Possibly, Vader began to train him in secret as an accomplice to achieve his plan to overthrow the Emperor and rule for himself. This touches on the storyline for the games: The Force Unleashed. What if Vader had begun to train Snoke, but something went wrong and Snoke disappeared. With the death of Vader and the Emperor, Snoke becomes the last trained Sith (even if he never completed his training). He then impresses a young Kylo Ren who idolises Vader, by saying he was trained by him. Snoke plays up the fact that he was an apprentice of Vader - this would have immediate appeal to Kylo Ren; the chance to be trained by someone who himself was trained by Darth Vader. I think it would be a great way to link the past movies with the present - a continuation of the darkside storyline as much as the Luke, lightside storyline.

I guess we only have to wait a month to find out! :P

We've now seen stormtroopers who have weapons of hat can defeat Lightsabers. So it's all gone to sh!t already.

F U jar jar Abrams

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

ah why did Finn say "hell no!" in that tv spot?!

wtf?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 167 ✭✭Yakkyda

I think he's referring to the religious, faith-based aspect of the Force, which if it was expanded on too much might inspire some crazies to turn it into a religion.

Bit late for that methinks, already a few that declare themselves as jedi on census forms, dunno the numbers for Ireland (no doubt there's some) but there's definitely a few thousand in the UK at last count, probably be a lot more in the next census I'd imagine.
    Fcuk knows how many over the big pond...

Advertisement