Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Vinculus

py2006 wrote: »
    image34.jpg?resize=530%2C246

image35.jpg?resize=600%2C202
    That's a stunning shot of Han. All those sparks and smoke. It's a very well crafted image. If that's a still from the movie then I'm really, really, really excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Vinculus wrote: »
    That's a stunning shot of Han. All those sparks and smoke. It's a very well crafted image. If that's a still from the movie then I'm really, really, really excited.

I think they are part of a rotating billboard outside the Disney store in NY. Possibly photoshopped as Leia does look a lot younger ;)

Another TV spot, HD version coming in a couple days:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Vinculus

I think they are part of a rotating billboard outside the Disney store in NY. Possibly photoshopped as Leia does look a lot younger ;)

You gotta Love the Death Star decor in the background.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Someone elsewhere saying screen caps have leaked or have been leaked of the intro scroller. I'm not looking that up. That's too much.

• Advertisement

david75 wrote: »
    Someone elsewhere saying screen caps have leaked or have been leaked of the intro scroller. I'm not looking that up. That's too much.

Think I saw that, they looked fake to me.

Actually, I only read the first line in case it was real but that first line didn't read well.

Guys which film had the best score/soundtrack?

It was Jedi right?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

Another TV spot, HD version coming in a couple days:

here it is.....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rewTgkI5Xhg

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Okay, here is our first look at a proper clip from the movie, albeit a short one.

Don't worry about spoilers as the scene has featured very heavily in the trailers and TV spots. Nice to hear some dialogue and new score too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Guys which film had the best score/soundtrack?

It was Jedi right?

Ah Empire for me.

Although this may be controversial but for me the prequels soundtracks are the best after Empire. Some of Williams finest work. At least something good game from them!

I presume Williams is doing the new movies?

It's him yeah.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Williams is doing this one anyway. He's not doing the spin-offs and I don't think anything is confirmed for Episode 8 and 9 yet, one or both of which will probably conflict with Spielberg films. Williams wasn't able to do Bridge of Spies, which is the first Spielberg film since The Colour Purple without a Williams score, due to health issues and his obligations to Force Awakens. I reckon his loyality to Spielberg may win out next time, especially now that Disney have pushed Lucas out.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Williams is doing this one anyway. He's not doing the spin-offs and I don't think anything is confirmed for Episode 8 and 9 yet, one or both of which will probably conflict with Spielberg films. Williams wasn't able to do Bridge of Spies, which is the first Spielberg film since The Colour Purple without a Williams score, due to health issues and his obligations to Force Awakens. I reckon his loyality to Spielberg may win out next time, especially now that Disney have pushed Lucas out.

I reckon that Michael Giacchino will take on the remaining episodes if Williams doesn't do them (although I hope he does). I have been saying that he is his natural successor since 1999 when I heard his first Medal of Honor score.

This is great. A nice tribute to John Williams introduced my Ford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction to the trailer too.

xper wrote: »
    Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction to the trailer too.

Mine too.

Gonna get 6-9 months for abusing my inner child.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Anyone listen to this on Radio 1?

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/doconone/2015/1113/741619-for-the-love-of-star-wars/

A bit light but would've liked to know if the issues with the fiance were down to hardcore fanboyism?

• Advertisement

l4BBbq3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Is Darth Plagueis gonna be in this ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Is Darth Plagueis gonna be in this ?

I wish someone would ask Abrams or Kasdan this. Because I reckon their response would be "Darth who?"

I wish someone would ask Abrams or Kasdan this. Because I reckon their response would be "Darth who?"

Some credible (enough) rumours going round about it.

http://dorksideoftheforce.com/2015/04/24/who-is-darth-plagueis-and-will-he-be-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens/

Bringing Plagueis into this seems a bit Highlander III-ish to me. It undermines the end of Jedi. “Oh remember how we thought the Sith were wiped out in the last film? Turns out there was another one hiding in cave somewhere for the last 100 years and he was the real mastermind behind Vader and the Empire. Sidious was just his wimp apprentice who tried to kill him in his sleep.”

While I see the appeal of tying the Big Bad of the new trilogy back to Palpatine and Anakin, I think there is a much simpler ways of doing the same thing without making him a Sith and creating potentially unwelcome associations with the prequels.

CwNzZgK.jpg

p1GDXfY.jpg

qaDg14n.jpg

ubay54R.jpg

qFGvrx1.jpg

Guys go to Google and type (copy and paste):

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Bringing Plagueis into this seems a bit Highlander III-ish to me. It undermines the end of Jedi. “Oh remember how we thought the Sith were wiped out in the last film? Turns out there was another one hiding in cave somewhere for the last 100 years and he was the real mastermind behind Vader and the Empire. Sidious was just his wimp apprentice who tried to kill him in his sleep.”

While I see the appeal of tying the Big Bad of the new trilogy back to Palpatine and Anakin, I think there is a much simpler ways of doing the same thing without making him a Sith and creating potentially unwelcome associations with the prequels.

Everytime people think the Sith are wiped out, they come back. They thought the Sith were wiped out in the prequels, and it was revealed that Sideous was a Sith. If you take the Old Republic into consideration, they thought the Sith Empire was gone too after it's destruction in the Great Hyperspace War, but they came back. So it's not so surprise for me to believe the Sith still exist.

Anyway personally I believe the Sith can't be wiped out, as they represent the dark side of the force. If you wiped them out, then how would there be balance in the Force?

• Advertisement

I´m really getting the bug for this now ... can't bloody wait to see it ...

Advertisement