Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

That is potentially a huge spoiler.
    Pissed off I read it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

david75 wrote: »
    That is potentially a huge spoiler.
    Pissed off I read it

I was aware of it long ago, but that should not have been tweeted. They even released an official image of the three of them having a stare down, I was surprised they even did that. That's a shame for people.

That said, the lead up to the fight is far more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

I was in the Disney store today looking for some Christmas ideas for me my son, some cool toys there... good quality die cast too ..

I was in the Disney store today looking for some Christmas ideas for me my son, some cool toys there... good quality die cast too ..

Had they got the Black Series 6inch figures? (for your son)

py2006 wrote: »
    Had they got the Black Series 6inch figures? (for your son)

Yes, they had packs with a few of them in it ... really nice ..

This was the Disney Store in Barcelona btw ... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Too many potential spoilers so I'm out of this thread, why take the risk in ruining the film for myself

See you in 2 weeks :P

• Advertisement

Its really the day of release that we need to avoid the internet and all avenues of media. The story etc will be all over the place once its been shown once.

I have to wait till the 8pm showing that day. Staying in bed till 7pm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It’ll be sooner than that. The world premiere is on the 14th. Press screenings are that day as well.

It’ll be sooner than that. The world premiere is on the 14th. Press screenings are that day as well.

I thought they weren't doing press screenings?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

py2006 wrote: »
    I thought they weren't doing press screenings?

They have to do press screenings, they just aren’t doing early ones. Usually films are screened to the press 2-4 weeks in advance.

Sounds like we won't be able to avoid spoilers. :(

Can we use spoiler tags in this thread untill the 18th so ?

Spoiler tags must be used until a spoiler warning has been added to the thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I think for this thread no spoilers at all

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

peteeeed wrote: »
    I think for this thread no spoilers at all

i think if someone really wants to avoid movie spoilers then this is the last place they should be posting. Avoid trailers, online forums and anything Star Wars related until the movie is launched.

I've read people posting angry comments on Facebook because their friend posted their own theory about the movie's plot. Personally I think when someone is getting angry about a friend's theory online then maybe that person shouldn't be on a social media site in the first place. That's just my opinion FWIW.

In other words, it's impossible to avoid coming across something that one might consider a spoiler if you're browsing a thread on a film forum dedicated to Star Wars.

(Not directed at the OP or anyone else, just a general rant. :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

a last minute casting addition :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

So sorry if this has been asked already, I didn't want to go through much of the previous posts because I'm trying to stay as spoiler free as possible!

So I have tickets booked to the 2D midnight showing in Odeon Newbridge, but there are no assigned seats, how early do you reckon we should arrive in order to get a decent spot in the cinema?. My friend and I are thinking of getting dinner beforehand and aiming to be at Whitewater for around 10, is this too early or is it too late? There's absolutely no way I'm sitting at the front of the cinema for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

So sorry if this has been asked already, I didn't want to go through much of the previous posts because I'm trying to stay as spoiler free as possible!

So I have tickets booked to the 2D midnight showing in Odeon Newbridge, but there are no assigned seats, how early do you reckon we should arrive in order to get a decent spot in the cinema?. My friend and I are thinking of getting dinner beforehand and aiming to be at Whitewater for around 10, is this too early or is it too late? There's absolutely no way I'm sitting at the front of the cinema for this!

Search your feelings........:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Queue... or queue not. There is no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I have tickets for the 9pm showing on Thursday 17th in Newbridge and I was thinking the same - I'll prob head up 30 mins early myself

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Not sure if you can change a ticket but can't you book a "premium" seat for Odeon Newbridge? Normally I wouldn't bother but if it's a choice of an extra 2 euro and queuing for 2 hours it's an easy decision.

I booked for Savoy Screen 1. Can't remember if seats were allocated or not :-/

Oh and George Lucas has seen The Force Awakens and he "really liked it."

For some shots, they used some of the actual camera lenses used in the original trilogy!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Is anyone else worried about Daisy Ridley?

Worried that she will be.... well, crap?

Having seen the trailers, (to me at least) doesn't look like she is up to much.
    John Boyega looks fine (again from what I can tell)....

But I worry that Ridley may be a drag on this.
    Perhaps it's the accent, it's nails on a chalkboard for me.

Advertisement