Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Is anyone else worried about Daisy Ridley?

Worried that she will be.... well, crap?

Having seen the trailers, (to me at least) doesn't look like she is up to much.
    John Boyega looks fine (again from what I can tell)....

But I worry that Ridley may be a drag on this.
    Perhaps it's the accent, it's nails on a chalkboard for me.

Her accent doesn't bother me and I think I'll be fine with the character but she does seem irritating in some weird way, I think it's the smile. As far as I'm aware, the only thing she's been in is an episode of Casualty of all things. I looked it up a few weeks back and she was bloody awful in it (but everything in Casualty is awful).

Boyega seemed okay in Attack the Block. Of the two I'd imagine he's the better actor but neither of them are going to be collecting Oscars in this lifetime.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The original trilogy survived some bloody awful acting, and some great actors laboured with bloody awful dialogue. Far too early to say who will/will not be up to scratch here - Abrams is, it should be noted, a traditionally great director of ensembles - but it's Star Wars: acting ability has always been a bonus rather than a necessity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Boyega and Ridley went through months of auditions. Remember we're talking about Star Wars. Keep your expectations in check.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm worried for them all after what poor Jake Lloyd endured. Ridley and Boyega are older, but being on the receiving end of that kind of vile nastiness would mess anyone up. They are just movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I'm worried for them all after what poor Jake Lloyd endured. Ridley and Boyega are older, but being on the receiving end of that kind of vile nastiness would mess anyone up. They are just movies.

Jake Lloyd was not the reason the PT is **** (his acting was equivalent of any kid his age), nor would I blame Jar Jar. The fault rests with George Lucas and nobody else. The vitriol Jake Lloyd received probably had a massive impact on his current mental health, and those who partook in it, should be ashamed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I think BB8 will be the memorable star of the movie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

If Natalie Portman could deal with her shyte dialogue and come out OK,
    Im sure she can..

py2006 wrote: »
    I think BB8 will be the memorable star of the movie

Read somewhere the other day that bb8
    has a lot more going on in his story and he has his own mission and isn't to be trusted

Whatever that means

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭splashthecash

When I saw some of her delivering actual dialog and also in the behind the scenes, I thought she reminds me of someone - then it came to me....Keira Knightley!! Especially her smile and how her bottom jaw seems to be a little bit further out than you'd expect

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

If Natalie Portman could deal with her shyte dialogue and come out OK,
    Im sure she can..

I think it was posted a few pages back but she didn't come out ok until someone pushed to get her cast in something to get her career back on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

BrookieD wrote: »
    Search your feelings........:p
    Should probably start queuing now! :pac:
    Not sure if you can change a ticket but can't you book a "premium" seat for Odeon Newbridge? Normally I wouldn't bother but if it's a choice of an extra 2 euro and queuing for 2 hours it's an easy decision.
    Never thought of the premium seats! My friend booked the tickets so I'll see if she can get them upgraded, thanks :D
    Tbh I dont really have a problem sacrificing a few hours of my life in line for the sake Star Wars :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

faceman wrote: »
    I think it was posted a few pages back but she didn't come out ok until someone pushed to get her cast in something to get her career back on track.

But she's only about 22 ??

:confused:

Oh my word

JJ Abrams Discusses The Force and Midi-Chlorians

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2015/12/jj-abrams-discusses-midi-chlorians-and.html?m=1

Star Trek Beyond Trailer To Screen In Front Of Star Wars: The Force Awakens

http://comicbook.com/2015/12/07/star-trek-beyond-trailer-to-screen-in-front-of-star-wars-the-for/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

david75 wrote: »

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jefferytibbs

Not long now :D:D:D just on another re-run of the series!

Such an painfully awkward intro to the actors:

....part 2

I found what Kathleen says at 4.48 quite interesting. Not so much what she said but who she directed it to.

• Advertisement

So apparently Killarney is being gifted the first showing of TFA. Actually the article confuses me somewhat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

py2006 wrote: »
    So apparently Killarney is being gifted the first showing of TFA. Actually the article confuses me somewhat.
    Had to double check to see that article wasn't from Waterford Whispers :pac:

What article?

And is that a joke?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Eh I did link to it

It's pure clickbait BS though, by lunchtime on the 17th hundreds, if not thousands of people in Ireland would have seen it either at midnight or in the cinemas that put on morning screenings. What's the difference between this and just another afternoon screening on opening day? Other than it happening to take place in an area where a tiny portion of the film was shot of course.

Some weird Irish **** I didn't know about. That explains that

Walt Disney walking in St. Stephen's Green, Dublin in 1959. The Disney family left Kilkenny for America in 1834.
    50C0CF1C-AE00-43F5-8EA7-EAAE809B61C0.jpg

asdsaas.png

Screen 1 of the Savoy opening night. :P

The hype is so real now.

e_e wrote: »
    asdsaas.png

Screen 1 of the Savoy opening night. :P

The hype is so real now.

Hahha is that the 8pm showing? I will be there

• Advertisement