Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Force Awakens [** SPOILERS FROM POST 4472 ONWARD **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Seanachai wrote: »
    From what I've seen so far from stills and trailers this isn't looking good, it looks more like a tv series from the sci-fi channel than a Star Wars movie. The CGI looks very dodgy.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Liamario wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I'm sorry you're disappointed master Yoda, but I'm sticking to my guns!

Seanachai wrote: »
    I'm sorry you're disappointed master Yoda, but I'm sticking to my guns!

No need to hold them too tight, I don't think there's much demand for your guns. Here's my gun-

K9BHOYP.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Apparently there was a press showing in Savoy one today at 1:30. All phones and bags were taken off everyone. so get ready for a bombardment of spoilers... Internet off until next Wednesday at midnight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Apparently the seal isn't so tight on kids' stuff? A few pages of what appears to be a children's novelization has leaked, with a few tiny plot points mixed in.

• Advertisement

safetyboy wrote: »
    Apparently there was a press showing in Savoy one today at 1:30. All phones and bags were taken off everyone. so get ready for a bombardment of spoilers... Internet off until next Wednesday at midnight.

Sceptical of that to be honest.

335D7039-3DC7-42C8-8873-E2E69A505348.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

You were right, my mate winding me up.. copped on when he said r2d2 had mickey mouse ears lol

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

One of the movie reviewers on the radio yesterday said he was going to a screening but had to sign some kind of non disclosure contract,secrecy and security around the film is insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Was at the cinema tonight and saw a trailer I haven't seen online. This movie is just gonna be superb. Seeing the trailer in the cinema sealed if for me!

Got my midnight premier seats booked months ago and I just don't see how this movie is not going to be superbly enjoyable! I recon they've done everything right to make this as good as expectations are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Press screener with non disclosure agreement.... Derp

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

what exactly is it for?? (apart from looking cool) it doesn't seem to protect them from laser shots or anything?

This week lads :) can't wait :)

they're here!!
    CV_4cbKUEAAPUIl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Meh, the 3D version! poop!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

david75 wrote: »
    they're here!!
    CV_4cbKUEAAPUIl.jpg

No new trailers. Wasn't the Star Trek trailer supposed to debut with the movie?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

faceman wrote: »
    No new trailers. Wasn't the Star Trek trailer supposed to debut with the movie?

That’s a picture of the IMAX DCP. It’s probably only going to be in front of the normal digital release. Doubtful we’ll see it over here anyway.

Another new tv spot
    https://youtu.be/acWBtgIg7n4

Lets hope the force is strong with Conor..

• Advertisement

Sorta hope he gets taken down a peg or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

Our local cinema is closed due to major flooding, so went to the next county and booked my seat. Not the midnight slot. The 2pm slot. I have the ticket in my paw...........I can't wait........I can't..........I can't...........:-):-):-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,975 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well tomorrow Monday 14/12/15 is the big day. Its the World Premiere of Star Wars The Force Awakens at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood, L.A

http://www.averagesocialite.com/2015/04/star-wars-episode-vii-force-awakens-red.html

Well tomorrow Monday 14/12/15 is the day of what is surely one of the biggest films to to be released this decade if not maybe the biggest and most hyped film this decade. All the stars will be out to attend the World Premiere of Star Wars The Force Awakens at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood, L.A. Us mere mortels do will not get to see the film until Thursday at the earliest.

I am really looking forward to it now. Am going to see it Thursday can,t wait.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/star-wars-premiere-preparation-1201659677/

Heres a link on all the preparations that Disney are making for its Premiere tomorrow.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

http://www.heatworld.com/2015/12/when-star-wars-uk-premiere

The European Premiere is on Wednesday.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Read today that it's already made like $50 million in ticket pre-orders alone, unreal. Beyond seeing the movie itself it'll be really interesting to track how it does over the Christmas. Even the person I'm seeing it with Thursday morning also has a ticket booked for the Friday night too, people are gonna be going multiple times with friends, partners and family I reckon. If Jurassic World can gross 1.6 billion this one's gonna be a cinch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭Tefral

e_e wrote: »
    Read today that it's already made like $50 million in ticket pre-orders alone, unreal. Beyond seeing the movie itself it'll be really interesting to track how it does over the Christmas. Even the person I'm seeing it with Thursday morning also has a ticket booked for the Friday night too, people are gonna be going multiple times with friends, partners and family I reckon. If Jurassic World can gross 1.6 billion this one's gonna be a cinch.

Big style, i couldn't even imagine what money they will make off the merchandise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Seems silly to moan about this, but in the trailers (ill stick a spoiler just to be 100%)
    we see Finn with a lightsaber, but assuming he's not a Jedi, he's a storm trooper , this is going against the Star Wars tradition ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/?ref_=nv_sr_1

9.5/10, early days and that will go down, but a good sign !! :)

Advertisement